close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Psssssst..dont tell Michigan about Indiana deer

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by Gizmo, Nov 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just looked at the Michigan Sportsman website, much like this one. I bet I saw 40+ photos of bucks from spikes to 5 pointers. These guys will kill anything. What really gets me is everyone else posting on what nice deer they killed. Lets not tell them about how huge our Indiana bucks are getting or they will be jumping the border. Since this "one buck rule" I feel like im in Iowa, and it feels good.

2. I noticed the same thing the other day. When that's pretty much all you have to shoot, you'll shoot it I guess.

3. That's all I ever see Ted Nugent shooting up there too. And HE's GONZO!!!

4. When I was up in Wisconsin for their opening weekend I saw a couple of nice, and I mean nice, 10-12 pointers in trucks at check-in stations. I know they also have earn-a-buck zones where you have to take a doe first. How does that compare to what we have in Indiana with buck first, then doe? Why the different systems?

5. Ya all I have ever seen ted shoot in michigan is a spike, 2 yearlings, and a 4 point.

6. im in steuben and there was a lot of guys from the north driving around on opening day

7. What part of steuben are you from Monster10?

8. A rule of life that never changes

If you continue to do "things" the same way year after year the result will be the same! Nothing changes unless you change the way you are doing it.

Michigan should look South...........

Remember years ago when we heard about the Iron Triangle of Michigan? Calhoun county Michigan? Days gone by and they now are seeing traditional deer management at it s "peak".

Pennsylvania in the making!

9. They like to say theyre doing the herd a favor by culling these bucks out...we'll let them say that.

10. Steve

Steve Admin Mod

I could only wish that what's going on in Indiana will rub off up north. I have to say that as bad as things look to you guys, the bucks we see now in my area are actually much better than even 5 years ago.

11. come on down

Steve your welcome down here anytime you want! Just fly solo!:biggrin:

12. A guy I work with has a brother who lives in Michigan, he was telling us how his brother doesn't even hunt in Michigan anymore. Said he now comes home to hunt in Indiana.

13. Who could blame him?

14. Steve

Steve Admin Mod

When can I come?

15. I honestly think you would be welcome to come down and hunt with any of us. Considering how much we all enjoy this site, we at least owe you that much. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: