Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I know this is a long shot. I’m not asking for anyone’s spots whatsoever. I’m a very avid bow hunter and even carry my bow during gun season. I live near SE Indiana between splinter and Brookeville. Im a mobile hunter and hunt with a lone wolf. I also have a boat and willing to put some serious effort in. I shoot does for the meat and wait on the mature bucks. I’m really after older age class deer. I know in recent years public land has gone through the roof and is impossible to find private land. I really like the layout of brookville. But is anyone willing to give me some advice on public land near those areas? Has anyone had luck seeing these older age class bucks? If so which public areas would you recommend that will be holding older deer? Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance. Feel free to PM me if you don’t want to put the area on blast.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Not trying to be a jerk but you asked this very question 6 yrs ago…..I would think in 6 years you should have been able to find a “public” spot that you could have gotten to know by now.
shoot, I used to hunt a public spot that I could guarantee a buck sighting every sit.
pick one, scout it out and quit asking for others to do it for you.
good grief.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not trying to be a jerk but you asked this very question 6 yrs ago…..I would think in 6 years you should have been able to find a “public” spot that you could have gotten to know by now.
shoot, I used to hunt a public spot that I could guarantee a buck sighting every sit.
good grief.
good grief.
”quit asking others to do it for you” i specifically stated that I’m willing to put in serious work. Was not asking for anyone’s spots. I scout snd hunt harder then most people i know. I don’t have a problem seeing deer. I hunt 4 states a year and have killed numerous pope and young’s on public land. I was simply asking people if they had insight on if they had intel on areas that held a better age class. I live almost 2 hours from any public in Indiana. Willing to travel farther but most people know that chase the top tier age structure some properties have the bones to hold them. Others don’t. I get about 10 days to hunt Indiana a year. Yes I’ve had success but I’d rather focus my time on the areas that has the age class to work with. My post 6 years ago was when i lived in Michigan. Never moved. Moved to the border of KY and IN 3 years ago. Thanks for the reply though.

·
Registered
799 Posts
You ain’t gonna find any consistent B&C age structure on public lands period.
oh you may come across a booner on public but that ain’t the norm and then if you do it’s probably from a neighboring private.
it’s kinda like one other person who used to frequent this site.
he hunts strictly public and claims he’s great at it.
his mantra is “booner or bust”
Got news for anyone holding out for a booner on public………gonna fill your belly up on tag soup every year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts