close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

public land

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by XXXdisel77, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Can anyone here fill me in on some state land that I could hunt? I live in Elkhart and don't have any property of my own, so I have been sitting here just wishing I was in the woods. Any information would be greatly appreciated. All I want is to be able to get in the woods this year.

Thanks in advance!

2. Tri County Fish and Wildlife Refuge Wide variety of game
    Lasalle fish and Wildlife, do not know much about it

Those are probably your two closest

3. Kingsbury Go to area 5 or behind the check station. Plenty of deer to go around. May not get a nice buck, but you will see plenty of does.

4. Lots of public land over in Mongo, about a half hour away from you to the east/southeast. Right now it shouldnt be too crowded come Nov. 12 it will be packed I am sure.

5. Thanks for the help guys! Good luck hunting to you all!

6. I live on the South side of elkhart. so I would choose a 50 mile drive to Mongo or a 40 mile drive to Menominee wetland conservation area (plymouth) Tri county is closer but way too many hunters. Mongo is huge. I try to get as far away from the parking areas as I can. Keeps the risk of getting shot by a lazy drunk hunter to a minimum. Menominee has some of the thickest knarley terain to walk through. Mostly swamp areas. There is no sign in though.

7. i would go to Mongo. I have been over there hunting rabbits for the last 2 sundays, not many rabbits. But everywhere you look there is deer sign.

8. Kingsbury is a good place to hunt. I've seen a lot of deer out there and the doves are great early in the season. THere's also a big marsh that's good for waterfowl there. YOu could also try Kankakee. I've never hunted there, but I've heard it's great for waterfowl.