close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

pudelpointer Na test results.....

Discussion in 'Upland Game hunting, Dogs and dog training' started by fireplug45, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Jager did all right......... we got a 102 prize 2........ It was my fault Jager got a Prize 2... we got a 2 on the track........ I seen him track several birds... in hunting.. pheasant.... quail.... but I did not do enough to get him to track on command........ If I had to do it over again.. I would let him see the bird before they release it..... (by the way they forgot to ask me)... that way he knew there was a bird to be found... he did track the bird came off then back on...... several times... but the judges move me up which is a point off then jager went to the woods line and did not go in... a other point off... His water and field work were all 4's.... He got a 3 on his point and 3 on corperation... he found all three birds... pointed the first one..... took it out then he decided to play with it........:fp ..... then the second bird he just took out on the run... but he did bring it to hand without delay... and the third bird he pointed and flushed....... chase accross the field caught and retrieve back to hand that one was over a 100 yards......... I was told because he did retrieve two to hand and the way he handle in the field that help my copperation score since I got a 0 on the second bird...
    But the comments I got on him was worth everthing... a lot of people have not seen a pudelpointer... and everone that watch his field work said the same thing for the entire time he was out there he was all business.. he cover the field look at every possable location for birds..... even found a dead pheasent....work with me well in the field... even I was impress... it was the best I have seen him do.. He was on his game...
    This was my first time to run a NA test... and other then Jager and I spending a lot of time together in the field... I really did not do a lot of trainning to him other then the basic... retrieving... come on command..... etc.... I knew going in he was weak in his pointing... but I thought I did not matter as long he did point... I did not realize taking birds out was going to Ding me... and tracking part was my fault should have work more... but he does track Ive seen him... Im happy with his preformance now we work on his UT stuff...... he and I more then ready to move on........

ART

2. Congrats, Art. Sounds like you're getting ready for South Dakota!!!!