close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Put and Take Pheasant

Discussion in 'Questions about Indiana Hunting/Fishing Laws' started by ccavacini, Jun 4, 2005.

1. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Here we go again...last hunting season...Pigeon River...Pheasant hunt...standing in line...saw a notice once I got into the building stating that for this upcoming Put and Take season you could register online and not have to stand in line...I haven't heard or read anything about it....contacted the DNR via e mail...they were clueless....maybe because of the new director? Know anything about it?

Thanks, Cary

p.s. Minnows are smarter than I am.......

2. Got me on that one. I am wondering if that was in regards to the draw pheasant hunts, rather than put and take? It seems counter-intuitive not to require the hunters to show up to reserve a spot. Then you could end up with no-shows, less fees collected, etc. I don't think they would change that system.

HB

3. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

It was definitely the put and take hunting. I know they do this in Illinois...You can actually reserve a spot without standing in line...and I know the posters inside the cabin at Pigeon River said it was coming....hmmmm. I'll get on the DNR site and see if there is anything about it.

Still haven't caught a minnow. It's not that I'm too cheap to buy them...It's become a challange.

4. I couldn't find anything on the DNR site about it. Let me know if you find something out. I'll try to call over there and find out...
    HB

5. I always keep up with the guys at the checkout at Mongo. Just as soon as the payhunts are over its time to head out and clean up the free left-overs:biggrin: