close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Question about "New Posts" & Pictures

Discussion in 'Forum - Website Problems' started by hunter47331, May 2, 2007.

1. Question... When I log in to the site, I always click on "new posts", and read them all. However, if I log in and then don't have time to read all of them, the next time I log in, it thinks that I have read them, as they are not included in the "new posts" section. Is there any way to avoid this, without manually searching for what you may have missed...???

Also... Is there any info about posting pictures...??? It seems alot of people don't know how. The one time I tried, it did not work. Just curious.

2. The new posts is not really new posts that you have yet to read, it is posts that have been made since your last visit. I have the same problem sometimes, but most generally, stuff sticks around long enough that I get caught up on it all.

Posting pictures.

There are a couple ways to do this.

The first is open a photobucket account, and upload them to that site, then use the HTML address copy and pasted into threads to make the pictures show up. If you start a photobucket account, you will see what I mean.

If you can get the photos into the gallery here, but not into the thread, view your picture in full size. Right click on the photo, and then click on properties at the bottom of the window that pops up. In the properties box, there is a line called the URL address or something of that nature. Highlight that address and copy it. Then, return to the thread you are trying to post it in, click on the little postcard looking thing, and a box will pop up asking for the image address, paste your copied address into that box, and hit ok. Your photo should appear!

3. Pictures

I am trying to post some Pictures but it will not let me do it. I guess I do not have 15 posts yet.

4. For some reason i am having problems with viewing photos. Everyone else is saying how nice the buck is etc.... but i see nothing.. Is there a setting that needs to be switched.

5. Does your computer have an active filter? Here at my job, we have a filter which blocks a lot of photos.