close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Question for DNR

Discussion in 'Indiana Turkey Hunting' started by LoveHunting, May 2, 2006.

1. I was wondering what you should do if you happen to shoot two turkeys with one shot? I know of someone who did it a few years back. It was by shear chance that they lined up when they did, but how should one handle something like this?

2. If that happens you should contact your local officer and let them know. There is a chance you will still get fined, but your chances are a lot better being honest then getting caught and you will be able to sleep a little better. We are all aware that mistakes happen, but part of turkey hunting is making sure that there is only one bird in the shot pattern. If you turkey hunt much you are going to have a situation where birds are bunched up, you just have to wait for a good shot.

3. Two birds

I certainly agree. It is always better to be upfront about a mistake made. I have not personally had this happen to me, but I know of individuals who have done this, and in each situation the CO, after close scrutiny, understood how it happened and no sanctions were made.