close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Retail trees for sale

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Habitat' started by j-bird, Apr 30, 2016.

1. spring is here and many box stores have trees for sale. I just checked out my local rural king (greensburg) and thought I would pass along what I saw.
    Oaks (pin, northern red and bur) for $28
    Dunstan chestnuts for $29
    Lots of apples (basic people eating varieties) and some pears as well (ayers, moonglow & keiffer)
    Also they had RR corn for $160 a bag as well for all you food plotters.

I thought this might be a nice thread to help fellow habitat guys locate something they might be looking for.

2. seabee

seabee Staff Member Super Mod Mod

Thanks for the info! I drove to rural king in greenwood on Monday when the chestnuts came in. Now looking for persimmon, if anyone sees any please give me a shout. Thanks!!!

3. I have a ton of mature persimmon trees if you are interested in growing them from seed , maybe trade seeds from chestnut trees . I've had great success growing from seed last 3 years . Let me know , I will be getting seeds in late October

4. I just saw my local Columbus Rural King store has Dunstan Chestnuts at the moment - so any fellow habitat junkies interested - that's where you can find some. They also had some pin oaks, but most of their trees (other than the chestnuts) look pretty bad - not sure what happened.