close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

"Roboducks"?

Discussion in 'Indiana Waterfowl Hunting' started by Noblebowhunter, Jul 6, 2005.

1. I know there is big controversy over the use of powered spinning wing decoys going on and a lot of states are banning them. Do you guys use them?? Think they should be outlawed? I myself use one early in the year for ducks...id say the first 2 weeks or so. If they were outlawed..i wouldnt be upset at all but if its legal i guess ill use it. just remember when you answer this...i am not favoring this at all so slamming me will do you no good. ;)

2. My son and I have three, guess that answers the question.

3. I have 2 and cant understand why someone thinks they should be outlawed Its not like you can go over your limit either way The only time they made me mad was when I didnt have 1 and the guy next to me did That was brutal

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2005
  4. We have two of them and it's not the decoy that shoots the birds. You still have to hit them.

5. Dredgin' up some ancient posts huh, Pigeon? I use the Robo/Mojo ducks on occasion, but like everything else, the ducks will recognize and pattern these after prolonged use IMO.

6. My one buddie swears that last year while using them on water he saw more birds flare than come in to it. I don't know for sure, I haven't used them enough on water to make a noticeable difference. I do know if you have a field that the ducks are using nearby, and you have one out in your field spread, lookout. It's murder.....

7. Batties, wind or jerk cord it's still up to you to place your decoys and call the birds in then shoot them.

mojo may help but its still up to you.

8. I've got one. I used to use it a lot, but the past couple years or so, I've quit taking it out. Mostly because it is just one more thing to haul out with me. They work some days and other days they don't.

9. I've got one, with the remote control. I mainly field hunt for both ducks and geese so the remote comes in handy because I definitely think the robo-duck will flare geese once they're in closer. I think it's best to use it for the farther off draw in abilities & then turn it off once you've got birds coming your way.

:biggrin:

10. [​IMG]

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

11. I agree with bigfoot on this one. Our robos seemed to flare almost all of the geese we've ever had coming into our spreads, and since we hunt ducks/geese at the same time, no sense in taking it out. (no remote for us :( )

12. I had a remote. It got dunked. Now it is a useless plastic fob.

13. I don't always use mine, the hand flapped wings/flag also works well to draw their attention at a distance!

Gotta love it when you've got some water out in the fields!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

14. Great pictures! Thanks for sharing them with us. :)