close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rods & Reels

Discussion in 'Indiana Bass Fishing' started by 410, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Now that the ice is off and I am thinking of Spring fishing. Just wanted to know what rods and reels do others use. I use all Bionic rods bait casting and spinning all different weight and sizes. Reels vary from bait casting and spinning, I have Pfluegers, Quantums, Daiwas and Abu Garcias.

2. G-Loomis rods and Shimano reels for me. Expensive as all get-out, but worth every penny!

3. I use St. Croix rods, and Abu Garcia reels.

4. St. Croix & G loomis rods,Pfluegers,quantum,reels have a few spider cast rod and reels too

5. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Rods...St. Croix--Gander Mt. Walleye (my favorite)--Fenwick---Bionic Blade--And about 20 other rods that I've had forever.

Reals--just Shimano...Sedona (3)..Symetre(1)...Slade(1) for the ultralite....

6. I have all those, too, but my favorite reels are all Pfleugers, although I have been eyeing some at Gander Mountain called Guide Series. I never use baitcasters, but I do own a couple. My favorite rods are cheap rods, and of those I tend toward a 7' Berkley Cherrywood in medium or Medium Heavy. When trolling I use a 9' Browning steelhead rod; it carries the lure way out to the side of the boat. For early spring I favor a 7' medium light Cherrywood and 4# extra limp castable line.

7. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

I've got the guide series rods...they're getting better and better...and they have some great sales on them...wait until spring and you can pick them up cheaper...I was looking at a guide series 7' ultralite rod...sweet.

8. Home built for me y'all!!!!!

I make my own!!!!!!:bouncy:

9. ugly stick lites and shimano reels :)

10. Whatever Dean. I'm guessing you knock a stick off a tree in the yard and tie some fishin' line on it....OK...your turn. :cheeky-sm

11. I'll try that in the spring, although with the 20-25 rods and reels currently in my garage I am having a hard time justifying additional purchases, even to myself. I got an email sale brochure from Cabela's today and they have a 9' light action rod for $39 and a 6 BB reel with a 60 day money back guarantee for $20. The reel is hard to pass up. Looks like a Pfleugar.