close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rossi Rifle Opinions..?

Discussion in 'Indiana Trapping and Varmint Hunting' started by Noblebowhunter, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Long story but ill make it short. Was in Gander tonight buyin their only Rossi heavy barrel 22-250 and while pickin out the scope i wanted.. some guy with only one tooth and acted drunk bought the **** thing!! So... im wondering if this is an omen from the man upstairs not to buy this gun or what. I am not a rifle person... i just want a dependable rifle for the occasional woodchuck/coyote out too 250-300 yards and i love the feel of that gun. BUT.. i do want it in the .223 instead. Same price for 22-250, 223, and the 243. ..... 23" barrel. Please tell me what you guys think of these guns.. i really like them but dont want a complete piece of junk

2. Good for you..... Look for an NEF. Rossi is junk! Stay away man, I mean it. I have 2 buddies that have had nothing but trouble with theirs. Shoddy workmanship, piss poor closure on the action etc, suc, and so on. I promise.

3. I have a youth .22/20 guage Rossi that I used when I was younger and I loved it. I still use it every now and then. I never had problems and it is a well crafted gun. No rust or barrel scratches and it's accurate also. Im not trying to say your wrong Crooked im just giving my experience.

4. Hunter Hollis

Hunter Hollis Banned

I used to have a Rossi, it was a tight gun, no problems. I have since traded up and now have a Savage 22-250. I like the Savage alot.

5. Can't say about the rossi break-actions, but their 1892 leverguns are top notch.

Still, I'd probably go H&R for breakers.

6. MY SON HAS A ROSSI SHOTGUN/RIFLE COMBO, ALTHOUGH HE HAS NOW OUTGROWN IT, WHILE HE USED IT, IT WORKED FINE. IN MY OPINION, I THINK YOU WILL BE JUST AS HAPPY WITH THE .223 VERSION, AMMUNITION IS ALOT CHEAPER, EASIER TO FIND, AND FOR HOW YOU ARE GOING TO USE IT, WILL TAKE DOWN EVERYTHING YOU MENTIONED.

7. I have a Rossi 20/50. Single shot 20g is a great little gun and fun to shoot, the .50 cal M/L has been great too. No bad comments about them and you can't beat the price.

Who needs a rifle anyway?

8. No Quail please don't start it here too!!!

I bought a Rossi 22/410 for my daughter a couple of years ago. Hasn't been shot a whole lot but definitely no problems with it. Nice little gun and as Quail said the price is right.

9. The :evilsmile made me do it.

10. Sorry Randy, the :evilsmile made me do it.

11. I have a Rossi youth triple play combo that I bought for my daughter last year. The .22lr/20ga./.50ml combo. It is a SWEET set up. Overall, I am extremely happy with it, especially for the price. I paid $219 for the three barrel combo. Here is a photo of what I bought. The muzzleloader is a tack driver.

[​IMG]

The thing you have to remember is that, no Rossi is NOT going to be the quality of the big name gun makers. BUT Rossi does make a gun that is reliable, accurate, and well built for a very affordable price. No, they are not as refined and yes there are going to be a few lemons. But overall, they meet the work horse needs for a particular market.

After I bought the combo for my daughter, I seriously considered a similar adult sized combo for myself. The only thing stopping me is that I don't shoot/hunt with guns enough to justify the purchase.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Rossi. For the money it is a lot of gun.

12. well.... i am still debating on the Rossi... but i think i have fell in love with the H&R Ultra Varmint even more. I havent seen the price yet on it but lookin now. any opinions on those????

13. H&R and NEF are the same gun....... And a I do believe the rossi would be good for the price in any of the previously mentioned calibers.... .22, 20 ga. 50 cal. etc. However, they are not distance calibers. Short range, that's all. You get twice the gun for another $40 (nef/h&r). Plus there is a barrel accesory program for the NEF/H&R's. I too would advise the .223, definitely cheaper than 22-250. Not quite as fast obviously, but you'll get the result that you want.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2007
  14. My one and only Rossi purchased for my son can can be summed up with one word JUNK!The action tightness was short lived and became sloppy in short order.Accuracy was not what I would call good.I felt fortunate to get rid of it.As mentioned the H&R, NEF would be a much better choice.

15. Thank you all for the advice.. very much! I am going to go with the H&R i believe.... puttin the call/order in tomorrow