close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rossi Youth Model

Discussion in 'Reloading, Target Shooting, and Modern Firearms' started by treehugger, Apr 7, 2007.

1. My daughter has a Rossi Youth .22/410 combo. I wanted to buy a 20 ga. barrel for it and have made a few calls and according to what I was told I would have to send the gun into the manufacturer to get a 20 ga. barrel for it. Has anyone else ever purchased additional barrels for the Rossi guns? Did you have to send the gun in to get the additional barrel fitted? I need this for the upcoming youth turkey hunting weekend. I may have to purchase a youth 20 ga. shotgun instead of getting this additional barrel for the Rossi. If anyone has any info on the Rossi barrels let me know. Thanks!

2. I can't speak to Rossi's, but H&R, or New England Firearms requires that you send the reciever and foregrip in so that they can ensure that the new barrel is properly fit. You want to be sure that it locks in and is truely interchangeable.

3. Treehugger,
    I went through the same thing last year. I have the .22/.410's for my sons and Rossi told me the same thing and I guess that's the ONLY way to get a .20 ga barrell for them. It is the best way to go though. A buddy of mine has the 20 ga barrell for his sons combo and it would not fit securley on either of my son's combos.

Fuzzy

4. I was told that unlike TC, Rossi & H&R don't manufacture to the tollerances that will allow a barrel progra to simply buy barrels. Therefore, you have to send in your receiver so that the barrel can be fit properly.

That being said, I am very happy with the .22/20/.50ml combo that I bought for my daughter. That .50ml is a tack driver.:coolgleam

5. You could always get her a Rossi 1892 PCR... :tongue: ;)