close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rough Holiday

Discussion in 'Upland Game hunting, Dogs and dog training' started by Scott Werstler, Dec 27, 2006.

1. I buried my dog on Christmas day. I thought the kids took it really hard, but its all I can do to type this right now. He was a 13 year old beagle and a present to my wife and I when we were engaged to be married. We'll miss Howie very much.

2. I was thinking this christmas what it would be like to bury my first dog as we sat on the couch and watched everyone open their gifts. I am going to hate that day when it comes and I can only imagine how rough it is for you. Best wishes to you and your family hopefully a cheery little puppy can create a new place in the family.

3. To Scott and his family

Scott,
    I'm sorry for your loss.

4. Scott...........hurts my heart to hear this.

I've buried many a special dog, and I always whisper in their ear ........"I'll find you again someplace in time"..........keep those memories close to your heart.

5. Its always Tough...had to dew it for my Brother before not easy....a few special pics. The love of a Beagle...[​IMG]

6. Sucks man. I have a one year old Blue Heeler, and i could not imagine losing her. It must be hard after 13 years. Good luck with the search for a differant one.

7. Sorry to hear that Scott. I've ALWAYS had a soft spot for beagles.

8. It can be as rough as an actual family member being lost. Keep your chin up. Remember the good times. Im sure he had a great home for many years, thats more than alot of dogs get. Im sure you'll adopt a new pup soon and be proud parents again.

:grouphug:

9. Scott, sorry for your loss. It's never easy to lose a family member. Sorry for your loss at a horrible time.

10. Sorry to hear that Scott. Keep the memories. I've been there before and I'm sure you have too, and its hard. Hang in there!

11. Scoot, I had to bury my Swampland Lady about 3-4 years ago. Before her it was Queeny, and before her it was Duchess. On her last night she came to my apartment and I gave her a bath, fed her vension, and let her sleep with me in my bed. She didn't have control over her bladder any longer and peed all over...I didn't really care. That dog was with me on many a mushroom hunt, shed hunt, etc. etc. etc., not to mention all the rabbit hunting with my family and friends.
    When Dr. Dan told me that she was going to be better off being put to sleep, I cried like a little baby. Every time I'd bring her home from an excursion she'd crawl over to my side of the vehicle and put her chin on my leg and just look up at me with those "puppy eyes". I loved that little beagle, so I know how you feel. They're called "Man's best friend" for a reason.
    I'm sure 'Ol Howie and Lady are chasing rabbits right now in the great beyond. And, if Queeny and Duchess are there too, I'm bettin' Howie isn't just chasing rabbits.:biggrin: !!!!

Lady is buried right out where I park my vehicle when I go deer/mushroom hunting.

12. Sorry Scott.

"The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs."

13. never easy, I do not look forward to the day Domino passes. I'm sorry.