close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ruffed Grouse Society Banquet

Discussion in 'Upland Game hunting, Dogs and dog training' started by jackc99, Aug 24, 2005.

1. The Indianapolis Chapter of the Ruffed Grouse Society will host its annual banquet Saturday, August 27, 2005. The banquet will be held at the Northside K of C, 2100 East 71st St., Indianapolis.

Doors will open at 5:30 with a silent auction, followed by dinner at 7:30 and a live auction. Tickets are available at $55 for individuals and $80 per couple and may be purchased by calling Mike Shipley, ticket coordinator, at (765) 453-3568.

Sponsorships are also available for $250, $500, and $1000.

Jack

2. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Jack,

Without giving up any family secrets...where does one hunt grouse in Indiana? And is it worthwhile? I've always gone to the UP or Northern Wisconsin.

3. I've always thought grouse hunting was worthwhile even when you don't see many birds. Mostly I hunt in Morgan-Monroe State Forest, Yellow Wood State Forest, Hoosier National Forest, and a secret spot in Brown County that is private ground. Don't take a lot of birds but it does get the dog wired for pheasant season.

Jack

P.S. I have friend in Greene County who sees a bunch of birds every year also.