close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

saved a fawn this-evening

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by buckhead, Aug 7, 2006.

1. My wife and I went for a walk and we decided to walk down the hill into the river bottom where I hunt we heard the sound of a young deer , I had to investigate and found momma doe standing atop her fawn in an old cinderblock pit 6 foot deep I ran back to the house and called a friend to help it was a hand full even at 20pounds.I got it out of the hole and they disappeared into the weeds I can't tell you how great I feel tonight I'll be watching them this fall thanks to my wife and buddy that helped, there are pics on photo gallery

2. GREAT STORY!!!!!;) ;) ;)

3. can't get pics to load i'll keep working on it

4. Awsome Job, Lifes Small Pleasures Are The Most Sastisfying, The Great Deer Gods Will Shine On You This Year The Big Boy Is Heading Your Way This Season!!!!!!!!!!

5. It's amazing how much respect hunters have for animals...not quite the bloodthirsty killers the antis try and make us out to be! Good work, buckhead.

6. how much more awesome could an experience become !!. great story.

7. coyote food pic

please help!
    [​IMG]

8. WHAT A GREAT STORY. YOU MIGHT WANT TO TRY TO FILL IN THAT HOLE TO PREVENT FUTURE DEER AND HUMANS FROM FALLING IN AND BREAKING A LEG OR WORSE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR EFFORT, THAT FAWN MAY GROW UP TO BE A BIG BUCK SOMEDAY.

9. Yeah, now you might have a good one to go out and "slaughter" during deer season...heh, heh, heh, heh!!!

Just kiddin' Buckhead, that's a cool story. Those fawns grow very fast...looks like you had your hands full--both literally and figuratively. Nice!!!!

10. Cool pics, but an even better story!!!:bonk:

11. thanks for posting the pics i'm getting the ok to fill the hole

12. no problem

Nice job on the recovery.

13. Good job buckhead! Thanks for sharing the story and pics.