close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Scenario

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by LoveHunting, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Here's a scenario for everyone. There's a nice buck 140-150 class 45 yards out and it's close to dark. You can tell by the way he's acting he's not coming any closer, but you can't tell if there is anything small between you and him. He presents you with a broadside shot. What do you do?

A lot of people take this shot even if they aren't practiced for it. This leads to the injury of a great buck. I don't like it when people don't have any patience. If it's not a good shot for you why take it. I pesonally wouldn't take this shot no matter how bad I wanted the deer. What do you guys think?

2. Congratulate yourself for getting this close to a very nice buck, but pass on him and hope he comes in at a later time. No way I take this shot.

3. Of course YOU wouldn't take this shot....this is obviously not the "Lyon King". Add about 60-70 inches to that rack and watch the arrows fly........

All kidding aside, you have to pass the buck under the above situation. He could very well show up on another outing and provide a better shot.

4. took that shot last year

Had that scenario exactly the afternoon before shotgun opener last season. Ended up nicking some hair off his underside. Made a good shot, but misjudged the distance. Probably shouldn't have taken the shot, lesson learned. Glad I didn't wound the buck, hopefully get him this year.

Eric

5. I'd might take the shot if i'm feelin lucky.

6. 45 yards is too far for me. I might be able to hit a target at that range, but too much reaction time from the animal can make this sure thing a bad shot in my mind. 30 yards is my limit on an animal.

7. Most generally I wouldnt take the shot. But since I would have scouted my area and would had the buck been in my shooting lane and I could see thru my peep, I would probably take the shot. But the conditions would have to be perfect. I know for sure I can kill 40 yards away. I always practice these type of shots...

8. I'd let him walk in hopes that we would cross paths another day.

9. im comfortable with 50 yard shots on my 3-D targets so if the wind and the buck were both calm id have a B B D (BIG BUCK DOWN)!!

10. Well let me put my 2 cents in. WOW 140 to 150 class 45 yards and its close to dark. Well first my mind would say let it rip. But no I would not fire at all with a bow and it would depend on how dark and if I could see him good in my scope with my muzzle loader to place the bullet in a good place. This has happen to me several times in the past and I have let the bucks walk and hunted them another day. Guess what I don't have to think, where did I hit him or did I miss him and I don't have to spend time thanking I hit him and have to hunt for him, and by doing this I mesh up my hunting grounds. Think about it let him walk and hunt him another day and put you mind at rest. Hope this makes so sense

11. I`d Take A Crack

I MIGHT TAKE A CRACK AT HIM. IF I THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE THE ONLY OPPROTUNITY FOR A SHOT ,I MIGHT SHOOT . I REGURALLY PRACTICE OUT TO 50 YARDS AND UNDER MOST CIRCUMSTANCES CAN HIT A VITAL AREA AT 45 YARDS. IF I WAS FAMALIAR WITH THE WOODS AND WHAT IS BETWEEN HIM AND ME, YEA, I WOULD TAKE THE SHOT.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2006
  12. no way for me I would wait