Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished on the South end of Big Turkey Lake today from about 11:00 am to 1:00 pm and caught 33 bluegills - then from 4:00 to 5:30 and had about 25 more. Cleaned 58. Not very big but cookable :)

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
way to go. sounds like a good time on the water. How much ice is there? I think dad and I are gonna hit Silver saturday morning.

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Nice.....:)

Obviously there WERE fish under the ice there.....:bouncy:

Way to go!

Sparky

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
didnt know they put in a new access. we park back in trailer park at that boat ramp. If you go down there and fish tomorrow dad and i will be there around 9 ish. and we will be easy to find. probably the only fool around running the gas auger.

·
Premium Member
5,121 Posts
My brother has been on and off of Big Turkey with decent results, if he isn't LYING!!!!!!Ice on Crooked Lake in Whitley county still very iffy......

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
I'm off this week, will be watching the kids while they're on break. Been thinking of hitting Crooked Lake myself here in the next few days.

·
Premium Member
5,121 Posts
They've been gettin 'em at the boat launch, not a lot of size. I usually don't care for the crowd though.

·
Premium Member
5,121 Posts
No, just Bear Lake. Last week was killer. Not a whole lot of size 7-8", you know. But they sure were biting! A good friend of mine was on Big Lake today and walked off a very happy guy. I can't give you an exact number because he's usually full of @#$%, but he was cleaning fish for an hour or so.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts