close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Schools out Gone Fishin!

Discussion in 'Indiana Ice Fishing' started by goggleye57, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Fished on the South end of Big Turkey Lake today from about 11:00 am to 1:00 pm and caught 33 bluegills - then from 4:00 to 5:30 and had about 25 more. Cleaned 58. Not very big but cookable :)

2. way to go. sounds like a good time on the water. How much ice is there? I think dad and I are gonna hit Silver saturday morning.

3. Nice.....:)

Obviously there WERE fish under the ice there.....:bouncy:

Way to go!

Sparky

4. I think at least 4 inches of ice. Can you park at the new state access on Silver?

5. didnt know they put in a new access. we park back in trailer park at that boat ramp. If you go down there and fish tomorrow dad and i will be there around 9 ish. and we will be easy to find. probably the only fool around running the gas auger.

6. My brother has been on and off of Big Turkey with decent results, if he isn't LYING!!!!!!Ice on Crooked Lake in Whitley county still very iffy......

7. Went tonight and only caught a few:cwm27:

8. I'm off this week, will be watching the kids while they're on break. Been thinking of hitting Crooked Lake myself here in the next few days.

9. They've been gettin 'em at the boat launch, not a lot of size. I usually don't care for the crowd though.

10. Have you heard if anyone is fishing Old Lake or Knapp Lake?

11. No, just Bear Lake. Last week was killer. Not a whole lot of size 7-8", you know. But they sure were biting! A good friend of mine was on Big Lake today and walked off a very happy guy. I can't give you an exact number because he's usually full of @#$%, but he was cleaning fish for an hour or so.....