close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Scoping A Lever Gun

Discussion in 'Reloading, Target Shooting, and Modern Firearms' started by BRICH60, May 24, 2007.

1. IF AND WHEN I PURCHASE A LEVER GUN, I WILL PROBABLY CHOOSE TO SCOPE IT. HOW ARE THE MAJORITY OF THESE TYPE OF GUNS MOUNTED WITH A SCOPE , DO THEY HAVE PRE-DRILLED RECEIVERS, GROOVED RECEIVERS OR SADDLE MOUNTS.

I KNOW THAT WINCHESTERS TOP EJECT AND THEREFORE MOUNTING A SCOPE CAN BE A PROBLEM, BUT I`M NOT CERTAIN ABOUT SOME OF THE OTHER SIDE EJECT MODELS . MY .22 MAG LEVER HAS A GROOVED RECEIVER , BUT I`M SURE THE LARGER BORES HAVE SOMETHING MORE SECURE. WHAT DO YOU GUYS KNOW.

2. buy a muzzleloader they're easy

3. I can only speak for Marlins', they come D&T for telescopic sights. Only way to go.

4. check out the henry rifles , they have canteliver mount you can buy for theirs , nice rifles

5. natchez.com carries mounts for lever actions

6. Without going to a "scout" mount, your best option is a Marlin 1984 or Ruger 96/44.

However LSI is going to sell their Puma with scout mounts soon.

[​IMG]

http://legacysports.com/products/puma/puma_carbines.html

Not my cup-o-tea, but if you need a scoped gun, and/or looking for the M92 action in the bigger calibers (like .454 & .480) Puma's your ticket.