Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my season I'll start with Turkey. This year hopefully will be one I never expirience again. Turkey season someone sabotaged my hunt and tried to lie on me all different kinds of ways saying I've for several years shot before day light or shot a bird on the roost still. Which verified by a CO is not illegal just frowned upon, which I NEVER DID. Any bird I have shot I have shot legally and on the ground. I ended up getting a beautiful bird that scored over 70 points on the NWTF scale would have been higher had I noticed the 3rd beard before but anywho, killing a bird of that caliber 5 minutes from my house was awesome for the 2nd year in a row. The summer provided down time as I didn't hit the water and rolled on into 2018 Deer season. Opening morning was spent in the worst every skeeter infestation I have ever seen, I left my thermacel at the house so I was down by 10. I met a young fella turned out to be one of my best friends during turkey season and my priorities shifted to helping him get his first archery deer which we accomplished with a beautiful public land 7 point which to him was a booner. This year I passed 15 different bucks from small to what some would consider big because I again did NOT give in on my Booner or nothing mentality. I know its hard yes it is. I don't care how hard it was I was NOT giving in on my goal of Booner or nothing and I only picked up a gun 2 times for the Big Oaks Gun Draw which is an incredible property and some true giants are killed there I was not that lucky. Like any property you have to get in there and scout and hunt and put in your time. I see people say ohhh big oaks is a waste of time. Let me tell you this, that place is absolutely some of the most beautiful untouched rolling hills, water falls, creeks animals and just majestic beauty you will find in Indiana. An extra buck tag allows you to hunt a property and gain expirience. Most of the fellas I talked to have hunted it many many years. Some get lucky sure but I am positive I'll get a biggun off it eventually. I ended up killing a beautiful Doe in Brookville again with my bow that made me search for her crossing a slu of the lake which idk if you've tracked a deer in water but its hard. I passed idk how many does after I shot her waiting for the big one but never saw a deer over 140-150". I saw 3 at 140-150" the closest getting to 22 yards. This year I learned Friends arent' your friends when it comes to hunting. Public land is PUBLIC LAND and you leagally while frowned upon cannot stop anybody from setting up 3 feet from you if they want. I learned that no matter how much information you give a person or you help them get theyre first buck with a bow or gun they won't care speaking of my former friend that sabotaged my turkey hunt. I learned that having a Booner mentality is hard and you'll see alot of big deer fall and wander why you arent seeing any. Well they arent hunting the same places you are. Booners on public land are like unicorns but they are there somewhere. Especially Brookville Lake. I'm very proud of myself and learned alot in the woods this year. Now its the offseason so I'm going to be scouting for old sign for next year and looking for sheds. I did get burned out becuase the deer disappeared after gun season so I imagine I no longer will hunt after gun season because on public land its pointless. I didn't even see a single deer after gun season and thats hard on the family life, with the fiance wanting you home and you trying to fill a tag and not even see a deer. Thats hard. I won't sacrafice any family time anymore after gun season. So the naysayers, no I didn't get my booner again but I will continue to keep my beliefs in Booner or nothing and Bow or nothing unless on big oaks. I like the challenge. This year I also will only carry my bow for turkey season. I want the challenge and I still stand firm, Gun season ruins deer hunting for the state of Indiana. While some do care about the herd some don't. Some are careless and shoot a million times at anything that moves and that hurts us bow hunters on public land. I too have learned that people on this sight are just nasty and ugly. That knock your beliefs. There isn't enough traffic for this sight to be meaningful. This is all for fun and means nothing to anybody I thought it was more than it was obviously but truth is this is just a forum and nobody really looks at it. Alot of people have been lost. You kill a booner nobody is going to care, you kill a monster turkey nobody is going to care. You attempt to run an actual big buck contest based on inches not points nobody is going to care and you give more points for the more challenged hunt which is archery and you get chastised. For that I'm out. I hope this sight turns into something that it used to be and maybe one day I'll revisit but 2018 just seeing people cast judgement on my for my beliefs nah I'm good. Good luck to all outdoorsmen on this sight and kill a biggun thanks for the memories.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Wow.
What a ball baby.
I don’t see anybody else bringing up your thought or beliefs but you and you only.
Why do you suppose that is?
Your problem is you can’t let it go and your beliefs on killing a booner on public is a laugh at best.
But keep on doing it, you only have you to please and one day when you grow up you too might realize your dream is just that...a dream.
If I were you I’d leave too.
Goodbye.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm sure he could try and talk his way out of just about anything.....just sayin....geeze....I'll still stick to my vaccinated with a Victrola needle comment from a few years ago........Was a good season, got my biggest yet "profile picture"....And daughter got her first buck, a nice 9-point....

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
https://www.realtree.com/deer-hunting/rack-reports/2018/10/17/a-205-inch-public-land-whitetail-buck

http://www.midwestwhitetail.com/ky-hunters-kills-public-land-booner-on-diy-hunt/

Southern Indiana boys killed a booner
2 were killed off Brookville Lake this year
Atleast 2 were killed in the Hoosier national forrest
1 was killed up north on some public FWA this year
1 was killed in southern indiana on an FWA this year

Titanium you sir are wrong. To say my dream is just a dream and STILL critisze someone for only wanting a booner is the very problem with this website. Who gets chastised for only wanting to kill the biggest most mature bucks? I have proof they do exist and do happen. I'm not sure whats got your panties in a bunch but your old ass has always chastised me on this website for no damn reason I don't know you I don't talk crap to you I don't do anything for you to continue to attack me on my beliefs. I won't kill anything but a booner and I'm okay with that. I'm not blaming you. I'm not saying anything about your beliefs but you continue to attack me for mine thats exactly what I'm talking about right there. Your the type to tell a kid he won't become president of the united states. He won't become a millionaire. Because you don't have standards doesn't mean someone else can't and thats what I mean you just keep attacking for no reason. lol it is entertaining and fun to read though I just laugh at it. I respect my beliefs and sounds like you need to learn some respect if you ever had any you surely lost it.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Again.....YOU always bring it back up......over and over and over.....ad nauseam
YOU bring it up all the time.
Not us.
And your links to “other” states.
What a laugh.
For every public land booner you link I could point to 100’s of private land booners....

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My point is its possible. Indiana ranks 5th in Typical Booners and 3rd for Non Booners. Obviously if you have any common sense your going to know more Booners are killed on private property because of pressure, scent control and the ability to manipulate food plots etc. For you to say its a dream and I need to grow up becuase I want a booner is my problem. Why would you attack someone? I brought it up becuase I was disappointed I didn't get it done but more than likely still passed up bigger bucks than you saw or I know you killed the little guy you shot this year. I didn't say anything to you about your deer I believe I even said nice deer. Again it just must be in your personality. I like my firm hard belief of booner or nothing. You should say, While not impossible its going to be very hard to kill a booner on public land. Maybe give words of confidence and share any tips you may have with your years of expirience in the woods. Instead you want to insult someone for having standards and goals. This goes back to last year when I started my Booner or Nothing stance. You attacked me then as well. For no reason. I could have shot a monster last year and a monster this year but they were not Booners. To kill a booner you must first find a Booner. I'm learning where they like to go and where they move in Brookville. I hope one day I will be able to say I told you so. Sounds to me like you sir need to grow up and instead of chastising someone, support them and give them confidence and share tips to help them in the woods. I'm goal oriented, I'm not just a buck guy. I don't care I don't get excitement out of small bucks. Anything to me under a booner is a small buck so that doesn't excite me. I've seen them on the hoof and it makes me fall out of my stand almost. It is what it is. You will always bring this place down by spitting on someones belief thats not yours. Thats the problem with this page. We are supposed to support each other any way we can not do what you do. I only have a small piece of private property 2 hours away and I would take more pride in killing a booner on public than I would that farm anyway. Its harder to do. I like the challenge and accept it.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sure he could talk his way out of just about anything.....just sayin....geeze....I'll still stick to my vaccinated with a Victrola needle comment from a few years ago........Was a good season, got my biggest yet "profile picture"....And daughter got her first buck, a nice 9-point....
Double J that buck you killed sure looks like it would be pushing Booner Status and one I may have to shoot but again on the line. I would take pride in shooting something of that calibur on Public sure. What did he score he looks like he'd be around 155-160?

·
Registered
800 Posts
My point is.......
You can’t let it go...you start a thread and in your thread you go on to cut us down....what do you expect?
Why do you think no one wanted to join in your hunting contest?
Constantly changing the rules and trying to make it harder on gun guys...
No I dont need to grow up....it is you and I can guarantee you there are many who will agree with me.....can you?
Everything around you is embalmed in your emotions.
I swear you are a woman.
So......to make this clear....I’m not attacking you on your beliefs (though I think they are silly) I’m attacking you on your constantly bringing it up over and over again.
Grow up.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've never seen a spike unicorn Booner....hummm......Mine was 150ish, with a crossbow bein 65 and all.....
Nice job man thats a great buck either way. Like I said it would be hard for me to pass a buck up like that, but seeing as I was in that position and didn't know for sure if it was a booner or not, I let that one walk I may have had to let that one walk too. For me if they get close enough to kill them with a bow and I chose not to kill them I've won anyway. Killing a Booner isn't just about private or public land. Depends on whats on that land for a booner to be there. I'm confident it will happen, just a matter of time. I know 2 of the biggest deer I saw this year made it through gun season way deep into brookville in a cedar thicket that was tooooore up they were pushing booner status but because I coudlnt for sure tell I let both of them walk. I kept thinking man if they make it through they will be sure enough Booners next year. I had 3 cameras all set around this acre or maybe bigger cedar thicket and not 1 human on them all year so I'm confident because of how hard it is to get too I was the only one hunting it this year atleast. I was on the ground but next year Im going to hang a lock on stand on the outside of the thicket and go from there. but yea man great buck my trigger finger would be hard to stop on that one. Great job on the crossbow not taking the easy way out as well!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Here’s an example of what titanium is saying. In your rant you said that any buck that isn’t a booner is considered a small buck to you. I didn’t see any booners posted on this site this year by our members. You basically just told the whole site that they all shoot small bucks that aren’t up to par in your book. Just think before you talk because you come off as snobby. Nobody likes those better than thou hunters.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Well my season I'll start with Turkey. This year hopefully will be one I never expirience again. Turkey season someone sabotaged my hunt and tried to lie on me all different kinds of ways (BLAME SOMEONE ELSE) saying I've for several years shot before day light or shot a bird on the roost still. Which verified by a CO is not illegal just frowned upon, which I NEVER DID. Any bird I have shot I have shot legally and on the ground. I ended up getting a beautiful bird that scored over 70 points on the NWTF scale would have been higher had I noticed the 3rd beard (BRAGGARD = LOOK AT ME) before but anywho, killing a bird of that caliber 5 minutes from my house was awesome for the 2nd year in a row.(BRAGGARD - LOOK AT ME) The summer provided down time as I didn't hit the water and rolled on into 2018 Deer season. Opening morning was spent in the worst every skeeter infestation I have ever seen, I left my thermacel at the house so I was down by 10. I met a young fella turned out to be one of my best friends during turkey season and my priorities shifted to helping him get his first archery deer (BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE THE MASTER - ALREADY HAVE SEVERAL BOONERS UNDER YOUR BELT) which we accomplished with a beautiful public land 7 point which to him was a booner.
(TO ME IT WAS A WORTHLESS DINK) This year I passed 15 different bucks from small to what some would consider big (BRAGGARD - IM BETTER THAN YOU) because I again did NOT give in on my Booner or nothing mentality. I know its hard yes it is. I don't care how hard it was I was NOT giving in on my goal of Booner or nothing (BECAUSE IVE ALREADY KILLED SEVERAL BOONERS) and I only picked up a gun 2 times (BECAUSE ITS TOO EASY) for the Big Oaks Gun Draw which is an incredible property and some true giants are killed there I was not that lucky. (BECAUSE LUCK REALLY DONT PLAY INTO IT) Like any property you have to get in there and scout and hunt and put in your time. (WHICH IM GREAT AT) I see people say ohhh big oaks is a waste of time. Let me tell you this, that place is absolutely some of the most beautiful untouched rolling hills, water falls, creeks animals and just majestic beauty you will find in Indiana. An extra buck tag allows you to hunt a property and gain expirience. (WHICH I HAVE THE MOST OF IF OBVIOUSLY)Most of the fellas I talked to have hunted it many many years. Some get lucky sure but I am positive I'll get a biggun off it eventually. (JUST LIKE I DO AT BROOKVILLE) I ended up killing a beautiful (NOT AN UGLY ONE MIND YOU) Doe in Brookville again with my bow that made me search for her crossing a slu of the lake which idk if you've tracked a deer in water but its hard. (BUT IM THE BEST THE REST OF YOU GUYS, COULDNT FIND YOUR NOSE WITH A MIRROR) I passed idk how many does after I shot her waiting for the big one but never saw a deer over 140-150". (MAYBE BECAUSE ONE DOESNT EXIST THERE?) I saw 3 at 140-150" the closest getting to 22 yards. (I PASSED BECAUSE OF ALL MY EXPERIENCE AND PRIOR B&C KILLS) This year I learned Friends arent' your friends when it comes to hunting. (HERE COMES MY EMOTIONAL SIDE AGAIN) Public land is PUBLIC LAND and you leagally while frowned upon cannot stop (BUT I TRIED) anybody from setting up 3 feet from you if they want. I learned that no matter how much information you give a person or you help them get theyre first buck with a bow or gun they won't care speaking of my former friend that sabotaged my turkey hunt. (I BLAME EVERYBODY ELSE FOR MY FAILURES) I learned that having a Booner mentality is hard and you'll see alot of big deer fall and wander why you arent seeing any. (YA THINK?) Well they arent hunting the same places you are. (I DO IT BECAUSE IM GREAT AND NEED A CHALLENGE) Booners on public land are like unicorns (ON SOME PUBLIC LANDS THEY DONT EVEN EXIST.......MUCH LIKE A UNICORN) but they are there somewhere. (I HOPE) Especially Brookville Lake. I'm very proud of myself (HOW COME NOBODY ELSE IS?) and learned alot in the woods this year. Now its the offseason so I'm going to be scouting for old sign for next year and looking for sheds. I did get burned out becuase the deer disappeared after gun season (UH OH....ITS THOSE CHEATING GUN HUNTERS AGAIN) so I imagine I no longer will hunt after gun season because on public land its pointless. (ALMOST LIKE A BOONER OR NOTHING MENTALITY??) I didn't even see a single deer after gun season (BUT THEY ARE THERE......I HOPE) and thats hard on the family life, with the fiance wanting you home and you trying to fill a tag and not even see a deer. Thats hard. I won't sacrafice any family time anymore after gun season. (YOU DONT SAY) So the naysayers, (ACTUALLY YOU GUYS ARE RIGHT I JUST WONT ADMIT IT) no I didn't get my booner again (SURPRISE SURPRISE) but I will continue to keep my beliefs in Booner or nothing and Bow or nothing (BECAUSE IM BETTER THAN YOU!!!!) unless on big oaks. I like the challenge. (BECAUSE I NEED THE CHALLENGE.....ARLEADY KILLED SEVERAL BOONERS WITH GUN SO I NEED THE CHALLENGE....OH WAIT!!! IVE NEVER EVEN KILLED A POPE AND YOUNG......OOPS!) This year I also will only carry my bow for turkey season. (BECAUSE IF OBVIOUSLY IM ONCE AGAIN BETTER THAN YOU CLOWNS) I want the challenge and I still stand firm, Gun season ruins deer hunting for the state of Indiana. (BUT BECAUSE IVE NEVER KILLED A BOONER OR EVEN A P&Y IM GOING TO BLAME THE OTHER GUY...THE GUN GUY) While some do care about the herd some don't. (GUN HUNTERS OF COURSE) Some are careless and shoot a million times at anything that moves (I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT) and that hurts us bow hunters (ELITISTS) on public land. I too have learned that people on this sight are just nasty and ugly. (LIKE THAT TITANIUM GUY) That knock your beliefs. (SILLY THOUGH THEY ARE) There isn't enough traffic for this sight to be meaningful. (SO IM GOING TO SLAM THE SITE AND ITS MODERATORS) This is all for fun (NOT FOR ME THOUGH) and means nothing to anybody (EXCEPT FOR ME)I thought it was more than it was obviously but truth is this is just a forum and nobody really looks at it. (AGAIN ILL SLAM THE SITE AND MODERATORS) Alot of people have been lost. (THOSE NAYSAYERS RAN THEM OFF IM SURE) You kill a booner nobody is going to care, (HERES WHERE IM GONNA START SOBBING) you kill a monster turkey nobody is going to care. (FULL BLOWN CRYING NOW) You attempt to run an actual big buck contest based on inches not points nobody is going to care (WAAAAAAHH!!!!!) and you give more points for the more challenged hunt which is archery and you get chastised. (I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET BECAUSE OF MY BELIEFS BUT IT THE GUN HUNTERS FAULT) For that I'm out. (IM TAKING MY MARBLES AND GOING HOME) I hope this sight turns into something that it used to be and maybe one day I'll revisit (ILL BE BACK...GUARANTEED) but 2018 just seeing people cast judgement on my for my beliefs nah I'm good. Good luck to all outdoorsmen on this sight and kill a biggun thanks for the memories. (BUNCH OF LOOSERS....)
Here's what I read between the lines.....
Just saying.

·
Registered
567 Posts
[QUOTE="bonecollector14, post: Thats the problem with this page. We are supposed to support each other any way we can not do what you do. [/QUOTE]

This is in your own comments #6 on this page.
You put all gun hunters down but were supposed to support each other?
And now your mad and upset because someone called you out.
Please explain yourself - i'm confused and lost for words.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok I will attempt to answer everyones questions.

1. A trophy is in the eye of the beholder. Same with women. Some fella may think his ol lady is the most beautiful woman in the world while another fella may think she looks like a troll. In my opinion anything smaller than a booner is a small buck. That doesn't mean any other fella must play by may rules or have my views. I was stating that I'm completely ok with not killing a buck because I didn't see a booner this year. I wasn't talking crap about another fellas buck or knocking them for not believing a booner is the only good buck.

2. I do support all hunters. I may have my own opinion on Gun hunting being too easy and that it ruins all public land bow hunts after gun season but again thats my opinion. Someone wants to gun hunt go ahead, its legal have at it. I just won't have the same opportunity as you because I'm using more difficult tactics to hunt.

3. Titanium. You sir have no idea what I have killed. Why would I go straight to booners if I don't have atleast several good deer to my name? Your rambling on my post I didn't even read it your wrong about all that pretty much. Especially Turkey hunting I didn't fail I killed my bird about 6 hours later roughly and a bird anybody would be proud of.

I understand nobody has my views. I know a few in the industry that do have a booner or nothing mentality. I know one I watch his vidoes daily and he isn't even a big name guy. Just someone trying to make a name and he posts monsters walking by every day because they arent' booners. I'm not saying I'm better than anyone. I'm saying the reason I haven't been successful on a booner yet is bc I dont quite have the time to spend searching 50,000 acres yet. When you move and hunt you'll find new areas. As I stated I have seen 2 for sure bucks that were on the line if they live will be Booners next year. I'm fully confident. Titanium is just a grumpy old man who thinks I think I'm better than everyone. I don't you all kill what you want how you want if legal have at it.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Ok I will attempt to answer everyones questions.
2. I do support all hunters. I may have my own opinion on Gun hunting being too easy and that it ruins all public land bow hunts after gun season but again thats my opinion. Someone wants to gun hunt go ahead, its legal have at it. I just won't have the same opportunity as you because I'm using more difficult tactics to hunt.
That's funny - because some of the biggest bucks I've seen on public land was after gun season ended.
Stop making excuses for your failure and blaming gun hunters.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Depends on what public land you hunt and what area you hunt. On Wilbur Wright which is small about 1200 acres. Youd be blessed to see any deer much less shooter bucks on that piece of public property. On Brookville Lake yea sure there are plenty of giants lerking around but the difference of them walking out at any time of day completely changes bc they know they are hunted. Bow hunters see deer all times of the day and then boom are lucky to see anything during daylight after gun season ends. I'm sure I can get a majority of bow hunters as a collective or try too anyway and put a statistic together of deer sightings before and after gun season and I'm sure you will be able to see the numbers. There are countless postings all over the internet and on here even of bow hunters saying its pointless after gun season. Again depends on the public property you hunt. On the ones I hunt that hasn't been the case. I'm not blaming others or making excuses. Fact is Fact whoever you are. I didn't fail I had a tremendous deer season in the woods and passed several deer most people consider a shooter buck so yea I loved the 2018 season it was just frustrating had any of those bucks been a booner I'd have bone on the ground. I turned a doe completely into jerky and had meat the entire deer season. Yea it was an awesome year for sure.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Ok first things first.
As far as me being a grumpy old man????
Dude, I’m 49....I just turned 49 in November (the greatest month there is)
I have two kids, a boy about to turn 16 and my daughter is 12
And I’m an old man?....I’d consider my age middle age.
Now back to you...
Your problem is called “entitlement” you think everything should be handed to you on a silver platter....I know your type.
You get hired on a job and think you should be foreman or supervisor over others who’ve put years in already.
If you don’t get the job.....whose fault is it?.....why you blame the others.
That’s what we are reading when you seem to think you should get a booner right off the bat...you don’t and what do you do??? You blame the gun hunters.
You say it’s too easy.....bull crap!! You’ve never done it so you have absolutely no idea....zero zilch nada.
Ok now as far as you saying you’ve already killed many big ones I’ve challenged you before on that....guess what you didn’t produce a single picture of ANY bucks you killed....that leads me to believe you haven’t killed anything of size.
If you have once again...I CHALLENGE YOU....PRODUCE ALL YOUR BIG BUCK KILLS!!!!
I’m betting you will be silent or chose to “not show us”
And calling a buck that’s not a booner a small buck???? That’s pure stupidity.
I’d rather kill 130’s-140’s every year then wait 20 years to POSSIBLY kill a booner.
But guess what?
You have to know for a fact that a booner resides on the property you are hunting....do you have irrefutable proof a booner lives on your Brookville?
I mean game can pics....sightings other things like that?
Then....ok if there is one....oops it’s public land. Now what? You can’t control what the other yahoos do can ya?
Nope.
Now a booner isn’t gonna hang around and get himself killed because there’s too much traffic.
As far as you know he may have left the property to never return till after hunting season is over and guess what?? There you are sitting in that tree “hoping” he comes by and he never will why? Because he’s most likely miles away holed up in a place where nobody hunts.
Why do you suppose they get to be booners?
There’s many other things I can bring up, but your arguments are embarrassing and loaded to the hilt with estrogen and hormones.
Think about it and reread your threads and you will see you come off as an egotistical elitist....I don’t know anyone that likes that type of person.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts