Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Well....on another note. I had a good season... I took a nice buck (x-bow), my son (22 y/o) took a doe with his new M1A and my daughter (14 y/o) got her first buck....all off my place. I also took a doe off another property from nearly the exact same location I took my first squirrel (with my new 308), sort of a coming full circle moment for me. Make fun or not...I don't care. We had a good season and we enjoyed ourselves and each others company on the hunts (was with both my kids when they took their deer).

Emma's first buck..
Smile Trophy hunting Hunting Deer hunting Wallaby

My buck....the missing leg was healed over.
Plant Nature Deer Natural material Organism

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Sure is rewarding. Team that up with the harvest on your own land is the icing on the cake. Some of my favorite memories is walking back to the the house after a successful hunt. Great feeling!!
Some of my most memorable hunts....I wasn't the one pulling the trigger. My favorites are when you take folks (in my case mostly kids) for their first deer. Deer on the wall are nice...but we have far more shared memories and stories to tell than we do deer on the wall....and I'm OK with that.

·
Registered
170 Posts
All the fun i miss when I am off this site for awhile. My season this year. Never released an arrow. Never squeezed the trigger. Froze my ass off. Got wet. Got insect bites. Sweated. Stumbled and fell and hurt my leg because I am big and fat and middle age. Was honored to share the experience of my son harvesting his first buck this year, a nice 9 pointer. Helped him drag it out. Best hunting season of my life. They are all the best. I can't wait to get back in the stand. It is a gift to have the opportunity to go hunt. One day I will be old, and unable to walk on my own in the woods (long time from now), and I will reminisce of all my hunting experiences. Every trip in the woods is a great hunt.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I just joined this forum today, and I keep running into threads with people bitchin at each other. Already starting to regret it. Sheesh.
Welcome aboard, most of those are old threads, although it is probably what slowed this to a grind. There are a few folks still on here, and all seem to have an interest in the outdoors and positive conversation. Not a lot of traffic though.
I have a few more days of rabbit season, although I have already been thinking about morel season, and the pre-spawn crappie bite.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts