Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey you guys are having a heck of a season! I think I might be the only one who hasn't checked anything in yet. With Noble's buck he checked in today i think we are in the lead! I just wanted you to know that I'll definitely be adding the two does when we get started back up again. I have been hunting hard for a couple nice bucks. Me and the smoke pole are going to be sitting over a standing bean field and 3-4 acres of standing corn as well. The two does shouldn't be a problem...i'm feening for some summer sausage lol. We'll see on the buck. Good luck to you guys the rest of the season if you still have any hunting left to do.

Bob

·
Registered
331 Posts
Good luck. Looks like the weather isgoing to be great sat. We are headed far back off the road at brookville to try a place we scouted last winter. I have had a great year(3 1/4 bucks and 5 does). But I am still looking for my indiana buck. I took the last 2 weeks of gun off to recupe from the month before and now I am ready to get after it again. Good luck to all.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I was out most of the day sat. Had two does under stand just after light. About 1/2 hr later I caught body movment in the thick brush around 70 yrds. I put the glasses on it to see the thickest rack I have seen in indiana. Nedless to say that was the last I saw him. We went the 1 1/2 back to the truck around 1 got lunch and went to a new area. I walked in 75 yrd and sat bu the creek. 30 min later I had 6 does run 25 yrds infront of me. I mouth grunted stoped them and put a double lung shot in the 1st one. I love tracking in the snow. Found her around 50 yds later. This has been a heck of a year. I am going to try to get out some after work this week for some quick stand time. Good luck to you guys.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys got us 5 points. I shot a doe yesterday afternoon. I shot her just before legal shooting hours ended. I knew the snow storm was coming so I decided not to wait and get right after her. Well I was following good blood and so I knew I hit her pretty good. By the time I got to her it was dark and she was down in a gulley. Got close enough to see her with my headlight and she got up and took off! I was like ****!!! Listened for a second and could tell she didnt run very far. Got outta the woods and got some help and more candlepower and by the time we got back after her it was already close to 9 and snowing hard. She only went about 50 yards from where I first saw her but it was a huge sigh of relief to find her and beat the snow.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Well, What a great way to end an unbelivable year. Around 11:30 this morning I was hunting in H.N.F. I was out by myself because my buddy called at 2:30 to tell me that he was to tired to go. Well I had went to bed early Fri so I would be well rested. I decided to take the 2 hr drive anyway. At daybreak I walked out to an area that I hunted a couple time before with no luck. When I got there there were no tracks so I went back up not to far from my truck were I had seen a few tracks crossing the path. What a nice morning to be in the stand. Around 11:30 he came in up win from me I was able to reposition for the shot without him seeing me. He looked to be seeking. When he was around40 yds I shot. He dropped in his tracks. A couple minutes later he stood up. I had not yet reloaded.

·
Registered
331 Posts
He came close to me then out to around 100 yds when I took the second shot. We I shot he ran off out of sight quickly. I was able to find him around 1 hr later in the bottom in a thicket. If he would not had got up he would have been around 50 yds from the truck. This made the 1st buck taken for me using my state tag since the start of o.b.r. I have been verry lucky this year in that this is my 10th deer this year. 4 1/2 bucks and 6 does. These deer have been harvested from all over the state. I have been helping the guys I hunt with to make sure that we all have meet. I have absolutly loved this season.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.