Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many people enjoy many different activities, including sporting events, hunting, and fishing. I am included in that group (except for NASCAR!...OK, maybe a little bit of NASCAR). People lay down big sums of money to attend big time sporting events with their season tickets or even for one time events. I have to say, in my opinion, the best season ticket I get each year can't be beat by any sporting event out there. My seat is in the fields and woods of Indiana...inside a woodline, on the border of a stubble corn field or soybean field, perched high on a ridge sitting watch over a deep creek bottom ravine, or getting up close and personal in a bedding thicket. The show put on by Mother Nature can't be matched by any athlete or marketing executive. The show I watch can't be duplicated and is different every time out. The season ticket I have allows me to sit anywhere I want on any given day. My season ticket allows me to make choices on how "involved" I get while there. My season ticket requires reverance to the surroundings and ethical decision making. I wouldn't trade my season ticket for a month of Super Bowls, Daytona 500's, or World Series. The memories I get from my season ticket will last a lifetime. My season ticket can be passed on to my children with a little effort on my part.

SEASON TICKET...make sure you get yours this year and PASS IT ON!!! WHITETAIL HUNTING is the greatest!!!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hugger, you are soooo right. I was just thinking about what you said. Would I trade deer hunting for the best Daytona seats available...NO, would I trade hunting for any sporting event...NO. And being a lifetime license holder, I have the ultimate "season ticket"

Hugger, I dont think you would trade one day of hunting for any ticket, unless Elton John was playing.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Well said Hugger, just wondering if everyone on here will agree with you. Some of them may prefer season tickets to P.U. football or basketball games.

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bocephus said:
Hugger, you are soooo right. I was just thinking about what you said. Would I trade deer hunting for the best Daytona seats available...NO, would I trade hunting for any sporting event...NO. And being a lifetime license holder, I have the ultimate "season ticket"

Hugger, I dont think you would trade one day of hunting for any ticket, unless Elton John was playing.
Hickory...play nice now...

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dleslie217 said:
Well said Hugger, just wondering if everyone on here will agree with you. Some of them may prefer season tickets to P.U. football or basketball games.
dleslie...Your probably right on that one...wouldn't it be such a waste of money for P.U. tix??? :bonk:

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I agree tree what a show mother nature puts on. A person can take a lot for granted. Around Aug in 2002 I had a lung fungus and almost passed away, it took about a year and a half to start being albe to go back out in the woods, and when something like that happen then you wake up each morning and think God that you still can out and set on the ground or in a stand and watch the sun raise and then the sun set, I would never trade anything for that or my family, and I use to live Nascar.

·
Registered
448 Posts
not bad

couldn't agree more with the exception of watching my son slam a mooresville quarterback on a fridaynight!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
best seat in the house

Great read tree, some of my most enjoyable days deer hunting were ones that I never saw a deer. Having a chickadee light on my bow, watching a hawk hunt for dinner, squirrels defending their turf, having a coyote smell my trail and wondering where I am. All priceless.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice job Tree. I don't think the youth of today appreciate or even are aware of what is out there to be gained by being in the woods, on the water, or in the air leaning against a tree. I know I didn't appreciate it until I was older. I hunted as a kid with my dad and my friends. I always enjoyed it back then. But it is more enjoyable today than ever. I finally understand what is important to me. The peace and relaxation I find in the woods and on the water. You can't compare a game or sporting event to what God has put in front of us. Life will pass us by if don't slow down and enjoy the beauty, the fragrance, the sound and the feel of nature. It is our heritage and it is to be passed on to the ones we love. Reach out and make a difference in some kids life. You may save your own life in the process.

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DAVJOHN58 said:
Nice job Tree. I don't think the youth of today appreciate or even are aware of what is out there to be gained by being in the woods, on the water, or in the air leaning against a tree. I know I didn't appreciate it until I was older. I hunted as a kid with my dad and my friends. I always enjoyed it back then. But it is more enjoyable today than ever. I finally understand what is important to me. The peace and relaxation I find in the woods and on the water. You can't compare a game or sporting event to what God has put in front of us. Life will pass us by if don't slow down and enjoy the beauty, the fragrance, the sound and the feel of nature. It is our heritage and it is to be passed on to the ones we love. Reach out and make a difference in some kids life. You may save your own life in the process.
Very well said DAVJOHN58! There's a whole other world out there that many are missing out on or are never getting introduced to.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The morning

Well stated gentlemen. There is nothing more beautiful than watching the sun come up or go down, while sitting in the woods. It is something to watch the woods begin its day or begin its night with none of the players knowing you exist.

To share a moment in time when I knew I really appreciated being outside and being a part of nature is when I heard my first turkey gobble years ago. There is no other sound in the woods that quite matches that sound. The reverberation of that bird's voice in the woods is remarkable, and to think that soooo many people have never heard that sound.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
There have been times when I have enjoyed the show Mother Nature puts on for us, that a very, very small part of me hopes nothing comes along to take a shot at. I feel like I would be disrupting the show that I am enjoying so much.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
;) Nature is truly a beautiful thing that God created. The sights and sounds of the woods are awe-inspiring.

To me, sitting in the woods and just watching bugs do their thing is satisfaction...God just gives us the bonus of all of the other creatures that He has created.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
IU Football?????

No response from the IU fans about the Football question??? Oh, I'm sorry, you guys are probably ND, or Michigan Football fans, right????

1 - 20 of 38 Posts