close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

See Y'all Next Week!

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by DEC, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Well guys, I'm out of here. Myself, my wife, and my kids are off to Disney World for 7 days of fun (i.e. standing in lines sweating:rolleyes:). The kids still don't have a clue we are leaving. We are going to tell them to pack tonight and hand them the Disney bag tags. It's been about 19 months since we've been there and they loved it last time. Looking forward to a little more laid back approach to it this time. The kid in me still enjoys Disney. We're staying at the Port Orleans resort this time. Laid back atmosphere and fishing on site. Look for a fat hand fed catfish entry when I get back for the Fur Pounders.:evil:

Y'all be good while I'm gone and don't miss me too much.:biggrin: Mudhole has the Bar under control ... I hope!

Talk to you guys when I get back in my office on the 28th.:coolgleam

2. Have a great and safe trip Derek.

We took the kids last fall and I've just about made the final payment on my installment plan (I plan on putting my spleen on ebay)! :lol:

You are heading down at the right time...:16suspect I hear Florida is wonderful this time of year! :coco: :evil:

Let the floodgates of "manboob" photos open my friend! :evilsmile

3. Good luck...you'll need it...haha

4. I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU DEREK. NOTHING AGAINST FAMILY VACATIONS OR FLORIDA BUT DISNEY WORLD IS A WHOLE OTHER MATTER. TOO MANY PEOPLE, TOO HIGH PRICES, I`D GO CRAZY. BEST OF LUCK TO YA, YOU MAY NEED IT.

5. Have fun, the kids love that stuff! It is about time for us to go back, I just applied for the second mortgage and have been giving blood platelets on a regular basis.

6. Have a ball, DEC.........and no mouse hunting.

7. Have fun Derek...... The kids will have a ball. Disney takes Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express. (Very Salty) It'll be a blast!

8. Well, I'm back and had a blast.

The weather was PERFECT the entire time. Mid 80's and sunny all week. Rained for about 10 minutes one day was it. The crowds were non-existent. Most things we waited 10 to 15 minutes tops. The resort was awesome. The food incredible. I really don't think there is anything that Disney can do wrong.

These are my opinions only in response to a couple comments. Really Disney is not very expensive, IMO. I've spent a lot more for a lot less on other vacations. Airlines, transportation, on-site resort, 6 days of parks, park hoppers, all meals, all snacks, everything for a family of four for under $3,500. Heck my last trip my wife and I made to the islands I spent over $5k for the two of us. You have to go into a Disney trip with the right mind set or you'll have a miserable time. If you are going to worry about every nickel and dime then yes, you will have a terrible time. We buy the meal plan when we go and it saves a bunch of money and takes the stress out of the vacation completely. The food is incredible and more than even a guy like me can eat. My wife has a Disney Visa card and uses her rewards points for the kids souvenirs, so there is no out of pocket costs for all that garbage.

As for the time of year, this is about the only time of year that my family can take a vacation. My wife is a public accountant, so we can't take a Spring Break vacation. We don't want to pull the kids out of school any other time, and Christmas break is just to crazy. So that leaves summer for us.

It was a great time. We took the kids 100% by surprise. They had no clue we were going. Was fun for all.:coolgleam

9. DEC = Dad of the Year.

Glad you had a great time.

10. That's pretty impressive! Welcome back, DEC.

11. Dereks Back!!!!
    and just in time
    Mudhole sucks as a bartender haha
    glad you had a good time D
    welcome back...there was huge hole in this site where your man-can's used to be haha

12. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

13. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Glad you had a good time...I love Disney World...