close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

shooting distance?

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by coonslayer21, Aug 7, 2006.

1. what is ya'lls maximum shooting distance?

2. Mathews Switchback 40 Yds Comfortable, Thats It But Will Wait For Closer Shot If At All Possible, Shotgun Slugs 100 Yds Max.

3. WITH BOW, 40 YARDS. WITH SLUG GUN, 125. WITH MUZZLELOADER, 175-200. ALTHOUGH WHERE I HUNT YOU CAN SELDOM SEE THAT FAR.

4. Distances

With bow 40 yards
    With muzzleloader, 50 cal. 125 yards
    With handgun, .357 Magnum 30 yards (head shot only)

5. With cross bow 40 yards
    T/C muzzle loader 150 to 175 yards
    daisy bb gun 5 to 10 yards

6. archery-40 yards

Knight-150 yards

Turkey Gun-50 Yards...lol

7. archery-30 yards (25 until I bought a bow made in this decade)
    shotgun-100 yards
    muzzleloader-120 yards (could increase, but its hard to convince myself to shoot further than that at a deer)

8. 50 yrds with a Hoyt magnetech.

9. Close enough to smell 'em

Mathews FeatherMax - Practice to 50, comfortable range to 40, would take a shot to 30

Remington 1187SP - Practice to 100+, but I wouldn't shoot that far, mostly due to a bowhunting mentality and also most areas I hunt would only allow a 50 yd shot max

Remington 700ML - same as shotgun

10. I shoot primitive bows so 20 yards is it for me with less prefered. The deer never "jump" the string at that distance. Flintlock, I feel very comfortable at 100 yards.

11. When did you BUY a bow made in this decade?

12. 20-25 with my bow

Id prefer 15 and in but can live with that 25 yarder at the most.
    With the ml its probably 150

13. Hit a blackberry bush at 25 yds last year with my PSE dang deer wouldnt stand still.

Got a GPS reading on a shot two years ago with my CVA 28 " breakover 100grain shot with hornaday rear jacket plastic tip. 167 yds!

I was able to lay over a stump no wind slight downward angle.
    I set it on her back thought I should give some daylight but didnt, broke her back! It did not drop! Finest gun I ever shot!
    I put her by the river if life. She fell in her tracks, Backstrap was the most tender I ever ate.

This year 65 yds heart shot. I eat the heart, couldnt eat this one, same gun. dadgum thing will shoot!:bowdown:

MMMM, Fillet that baby out on a roll, roll some bacon back up in it, bake it about 1 hour best heart ya ever tasted!