close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Slug tossing

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by Backstrap_Buffet05, Nov 16, 2006.

1. I was just wondering how many of you slug hunters shoot with scopes and how far your limit is. I, myself, shoot an open sight and limit myself at about 60 yards. Just curious about everyone else.

2. With a scope and most of my shots are 50 yards or less.

3. My 870 slug gun is scoped....about 80 yards is the longest I have ever taken. Most of my shots are 50 yards or less. I like the scope because I can shoot at a "spot" on the deer instead of just shooting at the deer.

4. Encore Slug-gun w/ open sights = 75-100yds
    Ecnore 50 cal. mzldr w/ scope = 175-200yds

Just depends on which stand I hunt.

5. Scoped 870: 125 yards. Scoped Encore ML: 175 yards.

6. Scoped Encore ML 175 yards.

Scoped mosseberg 695 12 guage bolt action 125 yards max.

7. Same here, Backstrap. I limit my range to about 70yds or less, and use open sights, no scopes for me.

8. I HUNT WITH A SCOPED 870. WHERE I HUNT MOST OF MY SHOTS ARE NO MORE THAN 50 YARDS BECAUSE OF THE BRUSH AND TERAIN. THE SCOPE AFFORDS ME A BETTER VIEW OF TINY OBSTRUCTIONS BETWEEN ME AND MY TARGET SUCH AS LIMBS AND SAPLINGS.

9. Quit hunting with shotguns last year. Only use my T/C Omega now. Confident out to 175 yards with it. Know the exact drop and all. Awesome gun with the PowerBelts!

10. scoped with 835 mosb. 100 to 125 yards

scoped with knight ml. disc I can shoot 175 with 90 gr. of 777