Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my youngest son and his first deer. He harvested this buck opening morning of the gun season. We were hunting Jasper-Pulaski FWA. I decided not to hunt (got my buck during bow season) but rather to take and watch him. Boy am I glad I did. Around mid-morning, he had this guy come in to about 25-yards. 1 shot, double lungs. We waited 20-minutes then after a short trailing job he had his reward. He was pumped! I was very happy for him and proud as well. I couldn't have been happier even if I had harvested this deer myself.

...the problem is that his deer had a bigger rack than my bow kill (although mine weighed more) so now he's going around the house proclaiming himself as "the hunting master". That's OK, I'll give him his glory... :)

Jeff

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He's 16. He gun hunted 2 other seasons with no luck. This year, I think he stuck a horseshoe up his... He hadn't scouted (I chose the spot) and even got up late opening morning. We hadn't been in the woods 2-hours when this came by. Oh well, there must be some truth to the saying "I'd rather be lucky than good". I also took this opportunity to reinforce that things like this are a gift and we need to be thankful for what we have. Always looking for an opportunity to teach them something... I'm such a "Dad".:rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts