close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Son's First Deer

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by Jeffro, Nov 15, 2005.

1. This is my youngest son and his first deer. He harvested this buck opening morning of the gun season. We were hunting Jasper-Pulaski FWA. I decided not to hunt (got my buck during bow season) but rather to take and watch him. Boy am I glad I did. Around mid-morning, he had this guy come in to about 25-yards. 1 shot, double lungs. We waited 20-minutes then after a short trailing job he had his reward. He was pumped! I was very happy for him and proud as well. I couldn't have been happier even if I had harvested this deer myself.

...the problem is that his deer had a bigger rack than my bow kill (although mine weighed more) so now he's going around the house proclaiming himself as "the hunting master". That's OK, I'll give him his glory... :)

Jeff

[​IMG]

2. Congradulations to him! Great Buck! :)

3. nice buck. Way to go Joe. How old is he?

4. He's 16. He gun hunted 2 other seasons with no luck. This year, I think he stuck a horseshoe up his... He hadn't scouted (I chose the spot) and even got up late opening morning. We hadn't been in the woods 2-hours when this came by. Oh well, there must be some truth to the saying "I'd rather be lucky than good". I also took this opportunity to reinforce that things like this are a gift and we need to be thankful for what we have. Always looking for an opportunity to teach them something... I'm such a "Dad".:rolleyes: