close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

sounds--sandhills

Discussion in 'Indiana Waterfowl Hunting' started by ccavacini, Sep 11, 2005.

1. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

How many of you guys ever heard sandhill cranes? They're always around Lake George---in the apple orchard....really neat....stand over 3 ft.

2. I hear them when i ice fish silver lake. i heard them earlier this year over around Pigeon lake.

3. hey ccavacin

Where are u from i live on Kope Kon Pt. lake george
    those birds are really cool. We actually had them land in our decoys this past weekend and stand there five feet from us for about five minutes

4. Had a friend of mine tell me when he hunted in Canada they would shoot and eat them after they marinated them and they would taste like steak. Anybody else ever do that? I know in the U.S. they are protected so I guess you have to go up north to try it.

5. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Blue cottage....Two trailers out front...on the lake, we have three boats--Nautique on a shore station....Pontoon with maroon seat covers...and I have a G3 fishing boat.

6. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

I know they have a season on them in Texas...maybe they also can be hunted in other states where they have good numbers.

7. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Jack,

Thanks for posting that site...it's really neat....Friday my dog had a stare down with about three of them.....didn't know whether to point them, chase them, or run away. She's used to pheasant and can't figure anything out that is that big.

8. My Britt would have run away I think.

Jack

9. Starting to sound like a bird dog joke from texas...then he flushed a covey of ostrich...

10. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

You can hunt them in Nebraska too.