Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you guys ever heard sandhill cranes? They're always around Lake George---in the apple orchard....really neat....stand over 3 ft.

·
Registered
624 Posts
hey ccavacin

Where are u from i live on Kope Kon Pt. lake george
those birds are really cool. We actually had them land in our decoys this past weekend and stand there five feet from us for about five minutes

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Had a friend of mine tell me when he hunted in Canada they would shoot and eat them after they marinated them and they would taste like steak. Anybody else ever do that? I know in the U.S. they are protected so I guess you have to go up north to try it.

·
Super Moderator
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dmelchi2000 said:
hey ccavacin

Where are u from i live on Kope Kon Pt. lake george
those birds are really cool. We actually had them land in our decoys this past weekend and stand there five feet from us for about five minutes
Blue cottage....Two trailers out front...on the lake, we have three boats--Nautique on a shore station....Pontoon with maroon seat covers...and I have a G3 fishing boat.

·
Super Moderator
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bigling97 said:
Had a friend of mine tell me when he hunted in Canada they would shoot and eat them after they marinated them and they would taste like steak. Anybody else ever do that? I know in the U.S. they are protected so I guess you have to go up north to try it.
I know they have a season on them in Texas...maybe they also can be hunted in other states where they have good numbers.

·
Super Moderator
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jack,

Thanks for posting that site...it's really neat....Friday my dog had a stare down with about three of them.....didn't know whether to point them, chase them, or run away. She's used to pheasant and can't figure anything out that is that big.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts