close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Spencer county?

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by zilla, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Hey guys! Just wanted to say hello and ask a couple of questions concerning Spencer County. I am from Michigan but have in-laws that have 400 wooded acres in Spencer County. I have been down to scout it a couple of times last spring and will be hunting it this fall. There are defeinately some nice deer present, but just wanted to get the inside of the county as a whole from someone who has been down there or lives there. I respect the fact that you guys treasure your resource and you should, but I just want to get an idea of the rut times (proabably similar to michigan), or periods that I should consider hunting. Who knows fellas there may be trips when I want a fellow Hoosier to hunt with.
    Thanks Again to all that reply.
    Zilla

2. hi zilla!!
    if you bow hunt the last week of october till about 10 nov. are excellant. they should be checking scrapes and chasing doe's 1st week of nov. on till the rut starts around the middle of nov. good luck

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2006

3. Welcome to the site, Zilla...had a buddy from Howell...well, Brighton actually. Second and third weeks in Nov. are usually dynamite here in IN. Hope this helps.

JL

4. Hi zilla welcome to the site, if you need any help down on that 400 acres, I can go anytime and I mean anytime.