close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Spinnerbaits

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by ccavacini, Sep 14, 2005.

1. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Ok, you expert guys....I have about 20...throw only one and not very long...just don't have any confidence with them. I always go back to throwing a worm.

I have the idea about the good colors, but I'm not sure what time of the year to throw them....and how deep?

I've still got till mid October until I take my fishing boat out......good time?

2. always a good time...humor me, try painting your hooks red

3. I agree with Rico, always a good time for them. The red hooks seem to help alot too. I even use jigs with red hooks in the creeks now, and seem to catch more smallies

4. the way i fish mine is over the tops of the weeds or right down the weed edge. very your retrive speeds and add in a few jerks and twitches.

5. Don't get discouraged ! Spinnerbaits are just like any other fishing tool. There is a time and place for all of them.
    I don't have any special colors, but i do tend to use lighter colors in the spring, and darker colors towards fall.
    I mainly use spinnerbaits as a shallow water lure 0 to maybe 10 feet deep. I know lots of anglers use them deep, but thats my comfort zone with them.
    Water clarity can come into play when using a spinnerbait. Super clear water and i won't throw one. Take Driftwood state fishing area for an example. I've thrown a spinnerbait many times over there and have never caught a fish on one. Thoss a jig over there and fish go nuts over it. I'm not sure if its the vibration the blade puts out that spooks the fish, or why, but super clear water isn't good to me for spinnerbaits.
    Hope it helps.

6. Hmmm.... A worm or Jig, I never did have much luck w/ them, of course I the low confidence level contributed to that im shure. I throw a spinerbait all the time, doesnt' always work, but it's mostly black and blue that gets results for me, but i'm stuck on those now and won't hardly try another color.:banghead3

7. caught around 10 decent largemouth on a big chartreuse and bright orange spinner today.It was great!;)