close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sponsor Question

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by DEC, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Question. Maybe someone can answer it. Don't know if this is the right place, so here goes.

I see lately there is a "Remove This Ad" on the thread ads. When I click on it it takes me to a sponsor or elite sponsor option. $10 or $15 (abouts) is cheap, IMO. My question is ... is anyone here a sponsor? If so, are the ads gone? Is there any way to view a list of sponsors? Is it a business sponsor or just an individual sponsor? I'd be interested in sponsor as either a business or individual.

Seems cheap to me and I'll probably do it to support what I feel is the best of the Indiana sites (the others are good sites too, IMO). Just curious if others have sponsored.

Hope this is an OK question to ask. If not MODS, feel free to PM me and answer my questions.

Thanks all!

2. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Good question...at the top of the site are the sponsering members (I became one last year). It's not for ad purposes but just to support the site. If you click on the link, it gives you information on how to become a sponsering member.

As for ads, I'm not sure.

Caru

3. Steve

Steve Admin Mod

Yes if you become a sponsoring member you will no longer see ads mixed in with posts.

4. Look at the top of my Post to the Left...;)

5. I understand that part. Is there any way to see the entire list of sponsors? What does the money for sponsorship go to? I assume to cover the costs of running the site, correct or no?

I have my credit card in hand, but just curious before I do it.

Thanks!

6. I'm sure the money goes to the upkeep of the site, web hosting and servers are very expensive. I am also a sponsor became one last year, and will continue to renew.
    Heck I can't even take the kids to McDonalds for $15 bucks...
    You'll not be disapointed, the ads will disapear, and you'll have the satisfaction of helping one of the best sites in Indiana stay that way (the best)!

Sparky

7. I'm an Elite sponcer and still see ads...

8. I just paid for an Elite Sponsor

9. Steve

Steve Admin Mod

The money goes into maintaining and paying for the server that this website runs on. We recently 10/06 upgraded to a new server which costs big bucks in part to cover the load we sometimes get from this site and it's generous use of the chat room. I thank you for all who have become sponsoring members as it kind of shows me that there is an interest in sustaining this site. Having said that, it is not required... but you do get some extra benefits if you decide to do so. If not you still help us out by just coming here.