close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Spring Fishing Tournaments

Discussion in 'Indiana Pan Fishing' started by treehugger, Jan 30, 2007.

1. The Izaak Walton League - Clinton, Indiana Chapter will be holding fishing tournaments open to the public on Saturday, May 12th & Sunday May 13th. The tournament on May 12th is a bluegill / redear tournament, 2 person team, 12 fish limit weigh-in. Tournament time is 7:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. both days. The tournament on May 13th is a bass tournament, 2 person team, 6 fish limit weigh-in. Entry fee for each tournament is around $20.00 per team and $5.00 big fish/team. Teams are not limited to just 1 lake for this tournament. There are several lakes that can be fished both days. The same 2 day format will be followed for tournaments in the month of June also.

2. hey randy!! if i fish this and bring my boat can i leave my motor on the boat and not use it or do i need to take it off? also can the bluegill be dead as i don't have a livewell?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2007

3. You can leave the motor on. I forgot to mention all lakes are electric motor only. A floating fish basket should keep your gills alive. I think there is a penalty deduct on dead fish weighed in on gills and I know there is on bass.

4. ok thanks.

5. Gas motor need to be trimmed out of the water?

If Tuck is fishing and the gills are eaten before docking, is that bad? I wanted me to convert my livewell into a deep fryer to save time.

6. Well Qauil I think that is a contest that we would be enterested in. YOU think?

7. Come on down on a Thursday. We'll fish Thursday evening and camp. I'll have my camper there. I'll take Friday off and we can fish all day. Saturday will be the bluegill tournament. You'll probably want to high tail it home after that because the next day is Mother's Day!!!

8. If anybody fishes this tournement,,,,make the officials cut Randy's fish open...............he uses sinkers to help out on the weight!

9. And Randy is anti-foodplot? Well, I never.........!!!!!!!!!