close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Spring's coming

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by ccavacini, Mar 5, 2006.

1. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Saw a turtle....he was near shore...and moving slowly...but maybe a first sign of spring.

2. Saw the first groundhog today near Angola!

3. We had about 8 robins in our yard today and thats a good sign of spring.

4. Snowing in Indy

I have been seeing robins for a couple of weeks. They must be freezing their butts off now.

5. Honk! Honk!

I saw 2 flocks of geese, probably a couple hundred, flying north last Thursday.

6. Spring time!!!

I saw a turtle head poking out earlier too........:hide:

7. :nono:

I too saw robins today, and I've seen geese that are paired up already. Won't be long fellas!

8. darn, next it'll be time for another bath and change of underwear

9. folklore anyone

Thunder in January brings frost in May! I heard it thunder. Anyone else Know more of these phrases, expressions gobley-gook that rally don't mean squat.:coco:

10. All I know is our goats (yes we raise dairy and show goats), did not have that real heavy hair this winter so that is a good sign that the winter was not going to be that bad. Also I have watch and wildlife and the deer's coats was not as heavy this year.

11. Beaver feed stations

Trapping beaver this year I saw fewer feeding stations(piles of twigs and saplings) The coats of the beavers also caught were not as thick as last year. Deer carcuses did not have as much fat as last year. Spring I believe is here.;)

12. I tried to trap a couple beavers.... then my wife put an end to that! Tons of robins in the yard yesterday.

13. I saw a fly fisherman today fishing with his son along the bank. He made a nice cast with an expensive looking flyrod when I stopped him and asked, 'is that a boron you got there?' He looked down at his son and replied 'well he aint too bright, that's for sure.'