Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a turtle....he was near shore...and moving slowly...but maybe a first sign of spring.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Snowing in Indy

I have been seeing robins for a couple of weeks. They must be freezing their butts off now.

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Honk! Honk!

I saw 2 flocks of geese, probably a couple hundred, flying north last Thursday.

·
Registered
448 Posts
folklore anyone

Thunder in January brings frost in May! I heard it thunder. Anyone else Know more of these phrases, expressions gobley-**** that rally don't mean squat.:coco:

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
All I know is our goats (yes we raise dairy and show goats), did not have that real heavy hair this winter so that is a good sign that the winter was not going to be that bad. Also I have watch and wildlife and the deer's coats was not as heavy this year.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Beaver feed stations

Trapping beaver this year I saw fewer feeding stations(piles of twigs and saplings) The coats of the beavers also caught were not as thick as last year. Deer carcuses did not have as much fat as last year. Spring I believe is here.;)

·
Premium Member
5,121 Posts
I tried to trap a couple beavers.... then my wife put an end to that! Tons of robins in the yard yesterday.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I saw a fly fisherman today fishing with his son along the bank. He made a nice cast with an expensive looking flyrod when I stopped him and asked, 'is that a boron you got there?' He looked down at his son and replied 'well he aint too bright, that's for sure.'

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Not so fast my friend!!!!!

Don't count Old Man Winter out just yet fellas!!! Just when you think the coast is clear, Mother nature will throw a doozy at you.

·
Super Moderator
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ChapstickCharlie said:
I saw a fly fisherman today fishing with his son along the bank. He made a nice cast with an expensive looking flyrod when I stopped him and asked, 'is that a boron you got there?' He looked down at his son and replied 'well he aint too bright, that's for sure.'
I got it:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
plenty of robins. have a malard pair in the pond out back. there's always a redtail that comes around spring and hangs around the field out back and he's back. big toms are struttin. spring is close but i would say winter won't give up easily.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I couldn't really see any birds or flowers or anything in the yard yesterday... because of the SNOW coming down.

Spring? Talked to me Friday when it's 60 with Thunderstorms, then I may believe you.

WAR

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Dean Weimer said:
Don't count Old Man Winter out just yet fellas!!! Just when you think the coast is clear, Mother nature will throw a doozy at you.
It was around 1993-94 timeframe I reckon'. First day of spring, got up to go to work that morning and coudn't get out of the driveway...SNOWED IN!!! Spent the day going through my tackle box gettin' everything ready for the next fishing trip...HOPE HISTORY DOESN'T REPEAT ITSELF THIS YEAR.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts