close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

State Land

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by SMAP, Jan 19, 2007.

1. I am a bow hunter from Michigan looking at coming to Indiana this spring to look state land to hunt in the fall would like some thing with some agriculture around it and the wetter the better.any one have a suggestion? if so thank you. dan also what county?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2007
  2. IT`S BEEN MY EXPERIENCE THAT MOST OF THE PUBLIC GROUND IS GENERALLY FORRESTED WITH LITTLE FIELD OR CROPS. IF YOU LIKE SWAMPY GROUND I WOULD SUGGEST MUSKATATUCK WILDLIFE REFUGE LOCATED OFF OFF I-65 NEAR SEYMOUR. IN. I BELIEVE IT IS A DRAW HUNT ONLY AREA.

3. aren't we all.........

4. There is Cecil Harding Dam in Parke county that has some fields and woods. Everytime I turkey hunt it I see numerous deer. There you have to register at the check stations. They are easy to find.

5. If you are coming from Michigan you could look at Pigeon River F&W area which is in Lagrange and Steuben counties. There is also some good hunting at Marsh Lake F&W area in Steuben county. The largest bow killed buck in our district (from private and public land) in 2004 or 2003 came from this piece of public ground. There is also Cedar Swamp in Steuben. If you call Pigeon River you can information and maps to all the properties.