close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Steve Irwin

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by JoshS, Sep 5, 2006.

1. I didn't see it posted yesterday, but just wanted to see what everyone thought about the "The Croc Hunter" being killed yesterday. I must say that I was quite shocked to see that he was killed by a sting ray rather than a crocodile or some venomous snake.

2. Like you said Josh, when I first heard I thought a croc got him finally. I think we and maybe even he knew it was only a matter of time when you mess with animals like that and take those type of "chances"

3. I don't mean to sound cold, because this is very unfortunate, but it was bound to happen eventually, IMO.

I'll give the guy credit, he was passionate about what he loved to do.

4. I know he worked with dangerous animals, but that is what he loved to do. I think I heard yesterday this is only the 2nd confirmed fatality from a sting ray in Austrailia and the first one was almost 20 years ago. The fact of the matter remains that we have a better chance of being killed when we get in our cars each day to go to/from work than what Steve had. The stars seemed to line up the wrong way yesterday. When you die from a freak accident like this, you know it was your time to go and there was nothing you could do about it.

R.I.P Croc Hunter

5. UNreal, when you think of all the crap that has either bitten or tried to bite him to die like that from a normally dosile fish. My 8yr old is heartbroken we would watch his show all the time. I heard he was filming a show for his daughters new show about the Barrier reef. It was taped I just hope it doesnt get in the wrong hands and they make a circus event watching this guy die on film.

R.I.P. Croc Hunter. Thanks for the entertainment and a chance for me and the son to bond.

6. I heard last night the film is in police custody pending the investigation of his death. I agree with you, I hope the film is used in a positive light (if possible) if it is used at all.

7. I WAS SADDENED WHEN I HEARD THE NEWS. MY SON GREW UP WATCHING " THE CROCODILE HUNTER" AND I MUST SAY THAT I ENJOYED THE SHOW AND FOUND STEVE TO BE VERY CHARISMATIC. I FEEL THE ANIMAL KINGDOM HAS LOST ONE IF IT`S GREATEST ASSETS. MAY HIS WORK CONTINUE THROUGH OTHERS AND OUR PRAYERS BE WITH HIS FAMILY.

8. Crikey wasnt he a beauty.

Sorry couldnt resist. He definately had a flare for his craft. I used to get all squirmy when he would be messing with the rattlers and cobras. I remember him finding rattlers in the mountains and he was squatted down by this rock messing with this female rattle snake on top of the rock. His eyes got really big and he looked down and immediately let the female go and slowly moved out of the area. He went back and pullled the biggest looking rattler out from under the rock. His jiblets couldnt have been three or four inches away from that snake when he was squatted down. I laughed till it hurt. Then he turns around and goes to africa to mess with the deadliest snakes on the planet. The mambas he was messing with were huge and extremely pissed off. They would try to bite his face and he'd make them miss then stick his nose right back down there. The guy had a knack for flirting with death and getting away with it. he single handedly along with his wife and children brought the Australian National Zoo's back. He saved thousands of animals lives and brought awareness to all sorts of animals. He not only started the zoos but gave way to several shows that were just like his only with other animals. He was the Jack Hannah/ Evil Kinnevil of my generation. Its ashame that he died the way he did so sudden and we didnt even get to watch him grow old. I read somewhere it was a one in a million chance that a stingray could hit the heart. They dont aim they just react. Its really sad he has two younger girls that only get to remember their dad through the hours and hours of videos he has compiled. We all will remember him as the guy who jumped on croc backs and said they were pretty when they tried to dismember him. May god be with him and his family....

9. I'm sure him and Marlin Perkins are enjoying an adventure together right now. Of course he didn't have Jim to send into the nasty stuff like Marlin did.

10. Jeff Corwin will be joining them soon if he isn't careful with all those nasty snakes!

11. Corwin is definately a little out there. He is, however a little more informed about what he is playing with and shares scientific facts about them too. My son digs Corwin too. But the Croc hunter was his first love.

12. left behind

He leaves behind a wife, 2 yr old son, and 8 year old daughter. Nice to do what you love until it gets you dead and leaves children with no father.