close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Still working on some coyotes

Discussion in 'Indiana Trapping and Varmint Hunting' started by Jrbhunter, May 27, 2005.

1. Sorry I haven't been around much lately, been out hunting pretty hard! The whitetail fawns are beginning to fall and the coyotes are sleighing them as always. This time of year I often venture out with a good fawn bleat and try to ruin a coyote's appetite in hopes of helping the deer through the toughest stage of their life. The last week has been action packed to say the least, 5 coyotes in 7 days! All but one of these coyotes were taken from a 500 acre parcel of property, talk about population reduction! :biggrin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Good Deal - lot of young turkeys out there could get eaten up too!

3. Thats a heck of a good idea, think I may set up and do some of the same this week. :evilsmile

4. What do you do with the coyotes once you shoot them? I think it would be cool to have a coyote mounted.

5. These coyotes were taken in the spring so their pelts are worthless. When I harvest a coyote in the winter I skin it out and sell the pelt to people looking for something to hang in their dens or trophy room. I sell some to the fur market but the market is so low that I'd really rather find an individual looking for a pelt. I've never had one mounted for myself, I'd love to as well but it gets expensive. If you want a nice pelt for a mount this winter let me know, I do some work with taxidermist and my coyotes on the trapline have zero pelt damage... they'd make a great mount.