close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Summer Vacation???

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by goggleye57, Jan 26, 2006.

1. My wife and I are going camping and fishing in Ontario. Not much info here :rolleyes: - I had to go to the Michigan Sportsman for some ideas of where to go:) Taking the truck camper and pulling the boat.

What kind of plans do you all have for a vacation?

2. Planning on pulling the camper and small boat up to Muskegon, Mi for a week.:fish:

3. Smallie fishin' in Ontario...nothin' like it!

4. Week of morel hunting and fishing in the Hoosier National Forest, I hope.

5. What kind of fishing?

6. Where you going in Ontario? Best smallmouth fishing I ever did was in the Sylvania Wilderness area in the western up. Elizabeth Lake you had to walk two miles to get there then it was catch and release only. A 2- 5 lb smallmouth on almost every cast.

7. Salmon fishing?

8. Camping and fishing at different places around the area/state. Annual trip to Holiday World with the youngn's...rent a camper trailer there and chill out, the kids love it...and so do me and momma. Love those water slides!!! :yikes:

9. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Going on an annual fly-in trip in Canada...same trip, same group of guys for about 20 years. I look forward to it every year.

Probably teach summer school the rest of the time.

10. I fish on Lake Matinenda (75 mi. east of Sault). I've done some fishing in the western UP as well. Lake Gogebic has some nice smallies and walleyes.

11. Fishing Lunatics!!!

Probably won't have a vacation this year, but in years past I've usually vacationed at my Uncle's cabin outside of Ely, Minnesota. Hard to beat a week of walleye fishing in God's Country with family and friends.

I've fished Lake Michigammee (near Marquette) in the U.P. a few times. One of my best friend's Uncle owns Michigammee Shores campground. Pretty good fishing for 'Eyes, Northerns, Smallies, etc., but doesn't compare to Minnesota.

Where do you go in Canada Cary???

12. Itasca County in Minnesota, Probably Turtle Lake..... Incredible Smallie and Walleye fishing if you hit it just right. Taking my 77 year old grandpa. It's gonna be a hoot. The man can drink me under the table. No Dean, we are not going to eagle's nest #2. We'll leave Bearhead State Park alone...... Unless you tell me where your uncle's cabin is.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2006
  13. Hopefully going to TN, somewhere in the smokies, for out 1rst year wedding anniversary. Might try to sneak a pole or two along as well ;) Alan

14. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

We fly out of Hornepayne, Onterio. About a 12-16 hour drive (depending on the number of pee stops). We fish a 13,000 acre lake called Nagagami. Unfortunately, too far north for Smallmouth. Mostly catch 'eyes and pike.

Lots of fish. Lots of beer. Lots of pictures. Lots of good memories.

15. Fish on!!!!

Getting warmer Crooked!!!