close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Survey Question

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by jayrod00, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Fellow Hunters,
    I am starting a small hunting publication in our area and am in the process of taking a survey of how people got permission to hunt the land that they hunt on. With good hunting spots being harder and harder to find, I am trying to get an article with tips for finding new places to hunt......any help would be great...

2. networking has worked for me the best. That and luck...being in the right place at the right time !

Be sure to put in your publication that no one to get real comfortable on any private land, as soon as Mr. money from Basecamp leasing gets a hold of the land owner, it won't matter what they did to get on the property !

:banghead3

Oh sorry still a little bitter .....................

3. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

I've been lucky...one of my hunting buddies is a drivers ed teacher so he's always having kids drive the back roads....he's also a business teacher, so when he sees some huntable land, he'll stop and ask or he'll track down the owner.

Asking is always the best way, although most of us aren't too good at it or ask too late.

4. go to your county extentoin office and get a plat book,shows all the state property from 1 acre up,also has all the private land and who owns it,I"ve found alot of small state owned tracks of land no one hunted that was very productive.Here it cost $15 per book.

5. Networking with other hunters that I work with or people I meet at church...