Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking about buying a foam target or a deer target. Does anyone know how to make a cheap for my bow. Or does anyone know a place where to a buy a cheap one???

·
Registered
789 Posts
Honestly, i foam target is really useless, because you can only get so much use out of one. If you want a good target get a layered target like "the block" or a wanna be block like i have. you can shoot anything into it and it (broadheads, field points) Deer targets are harder on arrows unless you get one with removable kill zones. I got mine layered target at gander mountain for around $30, but you can get them anywhere you can buy a bow.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Now for my 2 cents... LOL... If you buy "the block", Get the small one. I had bought the big one and it is a pain in the butt to move it around. I agree that the layered targets are the way to go. I shot mine with over 1000 arrows (Field Point, Broadheads and mechanicals) and it still looked like it was fairly new. You will never have to buy another target.

MIDH

·
Registered
8 Posts
You want cheap and lasting targets?

Go to your local Co-Op, get a burlap feed/seed bag, and fill it FULL of old plastic Wal-Mart sacks. The more and tighter you fill the bag, the better.

Everyone has Wal-Mart sacks and usually most of them get thrown away.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Check at Dick's sporting goods if you have one near you. I bought a "nock off" layered target like the Block. Think I paid $26 for it on sale and I love it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts