close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Target

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by JMBfishing2008, Oct 13, 2005.

1. i am thinking about buying a foam target or a deer target. Does anyone know how to make a cheap for my bow. Or does anyone know a place where to a buy a cheap one???

2. Honestly, i foam target is really useless, because you can only get so much use out of one. If you want a good target get a layered target like "the block" or a wanna be block like i have. you can shoot anything into it and it (broadheads, field points) Deer targets are harder on arrows unless you get one with removable kill zones. I got mine layered target at gander mountain for around $30, but you can get them anywhere you can buy a bow.

3. Now for my 2 cents... LOL... If you buy "the block", Get the small one. I had bought the big one and it is a pain in the butt to move it around. I agree that the layered targets are the way to go. I shot mine with over 1000 arrows (Field Point, Broadheads and mechanicals) and it still looked like it was fairly new. You will never have to buy another target.

MIDH

4. You want cheap and lasting targets?

Go to your local Co-Op, get a burlap feed/seed bag, and fill it FULL of old plastic Wal-Mart sacks. The more and tighter you fill the bag, the better.

Everyone has Wal-Mart sacks and usually most of them get thrown away.

5. Check at Dick's sporting goods if you have one near you. I bought a "nock off" layered target like the Block. Think I paid $26 for it on sale and I love it!