close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tax Return

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by ccavacini, Apr 19, 2006.

1. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

John Q. Public
    10 Anywhere Lane
    Somewhere, USA
    April, 2006
    Dear IRS,

Enclosed is my 2005 tax return showing that I owe $3,407.00 in taxes.

Please note the attached article from USA Today, wherein you will see the Pentagon is paying $171.50 for hammers and NASA has paid $600.00 for a toilet seat.

I am enclosing four toilet seats (value $2400) and six hammers (value $1029), bringing my total remitted to $3429.00.

Please apply the overpayment of $22.00 to the "Presidential Election Fund," as noted on my return.

You can do this inexpensively by sending them one 1.5" Phillips Head screw (article from USA Today detailing how HUD pays $22.00 each for 1.5" Phillips Head Screws is enclosed for your convenience.)

It has been a pleasure to pay my tax bill this year, and I look forward to paying it again next year.

Sincerely,

John
    A Satisfied Taxpayer

2. Now that is awesome...if it only worked that way. Maybe we could just throw the hammers at the IRS instead of friendly delivery!

3. Way To Go, Sounds Like You Feel About The Irs Like I Do. If The Government Doesn`t Stop Spending Our Money Like They Currently Do, SOME DAY THERE WILL BE ANOTHER AMERICAN REVOLUTION.

4. I firmly believe it would take one term of an average person in office to turn this country back around. There is no average american in their right mind that would ok the spending of tax payers dollars for a 22 dollar screw. Hell the computer desk im sitting at now would be like 500 dollars in screws alone. My deck outside would pretty much run up a competition with the national debt. Id be like you want a hammer go to ace hardware. Haliburton wants to build a deck outside the whitehouse?? Nah ill have Chuck and Bill do it from the home depot. Nasa needs a new poll barn and you want 1.5 million for it. Nope i saw an add on the outdoor channel for a new poll barn in the thousands price range. That should work good enough.
    How about this. We stop buying foreign oil for six months. Those countries would go back to squabbling in the sand, dirt poor. THen in six months we go back in there with a plane full of rations and see how many of them surrender then. WE could do it but too many ties to big business and oil up in the government. Too many people wouldnt make 3 billion profit in a quarter if we fired up the Alaskan pipeline.
    Give me one term. Thats all I'm asking. One term. Foreign policy? Mexico wants New Mexico. Ill tell you what we will charge you rent. YOu are all there anyways. You already have texas and we dont make you pay for staying there. Heck indianapolis is little tiauana now. And you guys get to stay for free. Pay taxes and then we will talk about you coming into our country by the truck load. You dont want a fence with gaurds at each corner. Stop showing up like an unwanted pest.
    Sorry for going a little off the deep end guys but dang it already. I understand people get rich from wars. The problem is... its not us the people working everyday getting dirt under our finger nails that are seeing any of the money. All our money goes to filling our gas tank and supporting our families. While the jobs get yanked out from under our noses because of free loading migrant workers and 3rd world countries willing to work for 2 pennies and a granola bar a day. Something needs to give in a hurry. All of these cheap parts need to start breaking and we will watch big business crumble in a hurry when they start paying all their warranties back out from their own pockets. Maybe then we will see jobs fluxuating back into the country.

5. Dear Abby,

You might as well throw in the auto industry with the government. We build machines here and when its automotive they want their 500 pages of specifications followed so they can supposedly move the machine to many different locations and it will start up the same. Add in that they want it to be a certain color, etc, etc. and I have watched 60k machines turn into 200k machines. They don't bat an eye, ask for it in some unreasonable timeline, pay me expediting fees to get it when they want it instead of when I said I could provide it, and then it sits on my floor past when I would have had it done in the first place because they can't get their part of the project done in time. What's really great is when you go to start it up and I can't touch my own equipment because its a union shop. I then sit on my A** waiting for the correct mill wright, electrician, fork truck driver, and machinist to show up and do his portion of the install. Amazing how a 1 day start up can take a week because I can't drive a frok truck in their plant, or throw a breaker, and we have to wait hours for the "qualified" person to show up. Most times I have to go find the qualified person who is sitting in front of his tool bax and acts annoyed as hell because he has to get up and go do his job. Its even more fun when I have to do this between Christmas and New Years, because that's during their shutdown.
    Hey, that ok, I don't like time off with my family.

48% of our machines now go to Mexico. Know what? I did a 4 day job in 2 days down there. Why? Because those people worked and did what it took to get the job done.

Two examples:

I know no Spanish. I point and grunt about how a bracket needs welded. Guy nods grabs a piece of card board with a lens taped to it and welds on a bracket.

In Indiana. I need a bolt to finsih mounting something and don't have one. I go to maintnenance and the guy looks at his watch, points to it and says "I'm not on the clock for another 5 minutes." I say" Can you at least point me in the direction of the bolt bin?" He says " Yes, in five minutes I can." Good thing for him he was bigger than me or we would have had a fight.

Gee, and everyone wants me to feel sorry because their jobs are going to China and Mexcio.

6. I like this idea - until the year that I get cash back, and they elect to send me a rusty old screw driver and a toilet seat off of an outhouse and call it even...

7. all joking aside on the prices the gov. pays let me just say it's real. i've seen it first hand. i was in supply for 6 months and could not believe some of what the prices were. hundreds of thousands of little screws, nuts, bolts at rediculous prices each. been going on for yrs.

8. my dad supported his family through a union shop. Your examples are of people that abuse the system. Its people like those have caused the jobs to ship out. Its those people that make the union stick up for them when in fact they should just lose their job anyways. Its the mddel american union worker that busts his ass every day and ends with no job that gets screwed. Im proud to say my dad made a living as a union worker. Its too bad that unions have to protect all their members cause they could be so much more powerful if they were selective. I understand that the people you described might have pissed you off and probably most of the other union boys in that shop, but dont lump them all together. I know exactly what you mean i worked in a union shop as summer help and watched several people get protected from the unemployment line even though they should have lost their jobs in a heart beat. Unions have a place in america today if they pick and choose their place on who they protect from big business.

9. I agree with you wholeheartedly. However, the union or/and company can be at fault too. Offering voluntary layoff's to guys and paying them 80-90% of their base wages to take it makes no business sense to me at all. I also think it is wrong to offer corporate executives huge bonuses if they increase profitability by (x) percent, only to find out they did it by outsourcing the work to Mexico or China. It kills me how they make the quick buck for themselves and could care less about the long term future or the company or country. Rather than do their job and streamline what we have here, its much easier to outsource and collect the personal cash.