close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Taxidermist

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by Duckz-N-Buckz30, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Well after searching and talking to many taxi who recommended the same person I am happy and fortunate enough to have Fred Lucas doing the taxi work on my Bass.

Just wondering if anyone else has had work done by him, or have seen any of his work. From what I have been told he is one of the best there is. I will be going over to drop her off soon and can't wait to see some more of his work

2. I've heard he takes a long time to do mounts (don't know about fish). You may want to try and nail down a time frame (or wait a couple years)! I know Hoosier Trapper turns stuff out pretty quick. I imagine Fred is the one you want if you want a true artist.

3. Congrats on the Bass D&B! I've seen some of Fred's work, he's definetly one of the best. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Pratt and Tucker are good also.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2007
  4. Hunter Hollis

Hunter Hollis Banned

Here is a bass I caught last year done by Hoosier Trapper Supply in Greenwood.
    [​IMG]

5. i've had Fred do two largemouth and no doubt he is one of the best in the business. last time I was by his shop he was not personally doing fish mounts anymore but letting his assistant do all the work.

6. Nice fish Bo!

7. [​IMG]

Jerry Alcorn - Alcorn Taxidermy did these 2 bass for me and he is working on another one right now. Jerry is located in Danville, IL. Larry Schmeltz did the crappie for me several years ago. Larry is in Bloomingdale, IN.
    [​IMG]

8. Before I even opened this and saw you had posted last I knew it was going to be a Muskie comment. :bash: :bash: :bash: And you're my teammate??? :bonk:

9. Hold the hammers....

Randy....Bro........Teammate.......What I ment to say is....

Randy dear friend, I see your wall lacks a Muskie at this moment. Would you like to come up once my boat is put back together and we'll go out and get you one?!?! All clear now?

10. Yes and Yes I would!!!

11. Sorry to burst your bubble Rand, but Quail was trash talkin' you as usual. Stick to those of us who only offer you positive reinforcement. For example.....

My, have you lost weight my good man? Well, has your hair thickened? Wow, I see your hair is no longer gray!!! Man, you look younger than ever!!

How's that Rand???

BTW, I visited Larry's house/shop last Thursday when I was down there and was just blown away at his "studio". It was like walking back in time at his place there in Bloomingdale. I wish everyone could step into his place and just check out the place. Awesome!!!!!!!

12. Hunter Hollis

Hunter Hollis Banned

Hey Tree, here is another picture of the same fish...they do a pretty good job painting them I think.
    [​IMG]

13. I dunno Randy, sounds to me like someone wants a little help getting the boat finished.

14. Thanks for the offer of Randy's help, Scott...but you know what they say...too many cooks...
    I've got 'er under control :biggrin: .