close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Team Purrs & Spurs scores 59.5 points

Discussion in 'Indiana Turkey Hunting' started by Rory, Apr 24, 2007.

1. My dad and I hunted Michigan's opening day yesterday, in Cass County Michigan, and scored on two birds. Although it was very windy, the gobblers all came in quiet to the decoys. Dad's bird was taken at 9:45 A.M. after waiting an hour after his initial calling. His bird weighed 24 lbs, with an 8" beard and 7/8" spurs. My bird was taken an hour later when two Toms came in quietly to the decoys after waiting only 15 minutes. I shot the largest of the two birds with my shotgun. The bird weighed 25 lbs, with an 8-1/2" beard and 7/8" spurs. 25 + 8.5 + 8.5 + 17.5 = 59.5. We took the birds to Michiana Archery where they weighed and measured the birds for us. I will post pics later in the week when I return to Warsaw.

2. Awesome stuff Rory!! Thats a pair of good birds right there.

Does michigan have a OTR? LOL

3. Yes they do!:bouncy:

4. Nice job, cograts to you both! Too bad our opener wasn't yesterday.:rolleyes:

5. Nice birds, Rory.

6. GO RORY:bowdown: :bouncy: :bouncy:

I hope to get another on the board this weekend for us.

7. Rory good good and way to go

8. Congrats...there sure are a lot of birds across the state line. Seems like as soon as I cross US12...there are turkey in every field!

9. Congrats Rory, sounds like a great time. Waiting for the pics!

Ed

10. Trying to pur Pics on

I successfully uploaded the pics, but when I went to find them they were not there. Do I need to do anything with them after they have been successfully uploaded?:banghead3