close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Beagle Blues

Discussion in 'Indiana Small Game Hunting' started by JMBfishing2008, May 30, 2007.

1. My friend recently got a female beagle pup and has been searching for a couple of weeks to find him some wild rabbits he could buy, so that he could train his dog... And he has had no luck... if anyone has any idea where some rabbits could be found to train his dog that would be great...by the way we have tried the roadkill method and still havent found any.....

2. just build you a few box traps throw you some quartered apples in and presto..... rabbits. but you might have to wait till season comes in to be legal.

3. You might try the upcoming 4H fairs...lots of rabbits. I hear James has pretty good luck around 4H time.:evil:

4. My Dad traps them out in his garden this time of year, lots of young ones and they don't have the scent yet. My kids found a baby rabbit about 3 weeks ago, we've been taking care of it and feeding the darn thing since, its getting bigger(mmm,mmm,good) LOL. Seriously, I don't think I could eat this one, it will eat right out of my hand and likes attention, prolly going to be a pet.