Indiana Sportsman Forum banner

The Bud Shootout at Daytona

4K views 35 replies 12 participants last post by  WThunter 
#1 ·
ENUFF SAID!!!

See less See more
#4 ·
#5 ·
Kyle Busch looked good, Jimmy didn't look bad, not a bad night...

Another classic Jr. moment..."We were running good, I just got a little inpatient and pushed a little too hard."

Every week...he never learns...just keeps runnin' into people and saying he got a little excited...apparently "seeing air" doesnt run in the family...
Oh teamamate, atleast he admitted it. Jimmy and Jeffy would've blamed every damn car in the field to make themselves feel better. Happens every time when one of the twinkie twins screw up. I'm pretty sure the California weinie, had everybody in nascar pissed at him for quite some time for wrecking someone every time he went out. What was that 2 years ago?????

#6 ·
Lets see If the 48 can go all week and make it though TECK INSP.....cheating again!!!!! Not that Bunch....maybe Chad will be able to stay and watch the RACE this year!!!!!

#7 ·
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: ....Its called the JR. Nation...:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

#8 ·
Two things I HATE about Nascar . . .

At least on Fox is a commercial every 6-8 laps at Daytona. Between laps 8-20 on the first segment of racing last night, THREE commercials.

The second thing I hate about Nascar is the post-race/post-accident speeches the drivers give. You can almost predict the first two sentences each one says!

#11 ·
#13 ·
Hey,
If anyone is interested, I have a Fastasy Nascar League set up on another forum. I'd like to invite all here to join in the league. You NEED TO GET REGISTERED this WEEK! If you want information, send me a PM and I'll PM you back with the login info.
Thanks,
Fuzzy

#14 ·
SMOKE SMOKE SMOKE SMOKE SMOKE SMOKE SMOKE!!!

one day on the way to wal-mart I was ahead of Jr. on Coldwater Rd. Right before the last stoplight to turn into the parking lot he tried to come up outside of me but there wasn't room. He ended hitting a fire hydrant, an old lady and her shitzu, a 1986 buick lesabre and some guys golf clubs in the parking lot. He just got excited and tried a little too hard...

#17 ·
spitballs, humidors for the balls at home, nail files...all trying to get that edge...

bumping, grazing a bumper, taking that extra 1/32 off the spoiler...all trying to get the edge...
IMHO, cheating is much more prevelant in racing. As far as making drastic changes to a baseball, it is a lot harder to NOT get caught trying to cheat in baseball. A camera can't be in the garage with Nascar teams, but once a pitcher steps on that mound, thousands of sets of eyes are upon him. The only time I have seen someone blatantly get away witch doctoring a baseball was Kenny Rogers last season in the playoffs, because mud isn't that damn dark on your hands after drying. Pine Tar anyone??

As far as Nascar goes, 3 more cheaters it the impound yesterday: Kenseth, Kahne, and Mikey!! Bookem Dano!!

#18 ·
At least on Fox is a commercial every 6-8 laps at Daytona. Between laps 8-20 on the first segment of racing last night, THREE commercials.

The second thing I hate about Nascar is the post-race/post-accident speeches the drivers give. You can almost predict the first two sentences each one says!
I don't watch too much Nascar but from what I've seen one of the worst things about any Nascar telecast is Darrell Waltrip in the announcer's booth...that guy just plain SUCKS!!!

#19 ·
IMHO, cheating is much more prevelant in racing. As far as making drastic changes to a baseball, it is a lot harder to NOT get caught trying to cheat in baseball. A camera can't be in the garage with Nascar teams, but once a pitcher steps on that mound, thousands of sets of eyes are upon him. The only time I have seen someone blatantly get away witch doctoring a baseball was Kenny Rogers last season in the playoffs, because mud isn't that damn dark on your hands after drying. Pine Tar anyone??

As far as Nascar goes, 3 more cheaters it the impound yesterday: Kenseth, Kahne, and Mikey!! Bookem Dano!!
I'm going to disagree, with your disagreement. Nascar regulations are strict, they are heights or circumferences or pounds. I think everyone pushes those measurable limits, but, they are limits that are defined and therefore punishible. Baseball on the other hand, is a game of interpretation. Kenny Rogers had something on his hand. Nothing was done about it. He pitched the game. Unknown substance in Mikey's manifold...yank the car. Gaylord Perry is in the Baseball Hall of Fame, BECAUSE he cheated. Colorado started using a humidor for balls used during home games to keep them from drying out, weighing less, and sailing farther into the mountains. For years the Chicago Cubs have overwatered the area around first base to make mud chunk up in the cleats, and slow down opposing baserunners, while also leaving the infield grass about 3/4 of an inch from good horse hay length to keep balls from getting to the outfield. Baseball is predicated upon cheating. Stock car racing at least attempts to legislate parody amoung its competitors.

Furthermore, in nascar...there is no home team advantage. It is competitors vs competitors. Everyone has the same track to work with and knows the same thing about the track as everyone else (assuming they have done their homework).

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

#20 ·
I'm going to disagree, with your disagreement. Nascar regulations are strict, they are heights or circumferences or pounds. I think everyone pushes those measurable limits, but, they are limits that are defined and therefore punishible. Baseball on the other hand, is a game of interpretation. Kenny Rogers had something on his hand. Nothing was done about it. He pitched the game. Unknown substance in Mikey's manifold...yank the car. Gaylord Perry is in the Baseball Hall of Fame, BECAUSE he cheated. Colorado started using a humidor for balls used during home games to keep them from drying out, weighing less, and sailing farther into the mountains. For years the Chicago Cubs have overwatered the area around first base to make mud chunk up in the cleats, and slow down opposing baserunners, while also leaving the infield grass about 3/4 of an inch from good horse hay length to keep balls from getting to the outfield. Baseball is predicated upon cheating. Stock car racing at least attempts to legislate parody amoung its competitors.

Furthermore, in nascar...there is no home team advantage. It is competitors vs competitors. Everyone has the same track to work with and knows the same thing about the track as everyone else (assuming they have done their homework).
As far as the Rockies go, I "don't" think that was ever proven. It has been discussed, much as the contents of a baseball now compared to the 50's and 60's. Balls are wound tighter these days, but we also have ballparks that are much different dimension wise today than 40 years ago.

What was done with Kenny Rogers was no different than what was done with Jimmie Johnson over the past couple of years. Johnson gets nailed for rules infractions some 5-7 times in a 3 years span before they finally did something about it, and that was only suspend Knaus for 4 races. Hell, it was merely a slap on the wrist. Hell suspending the crew chief in racing would be like suspending the coach in baseball. The crew chief may make the call to "tinker" with the car, but I guaruntee you that the driver knows about it.

What teams do as far as letting the grass grow a little longer, to watering the basepaths is not cheating. Nothing to my knowledge defines what a team can and can not do with their field. Much like Notre Dame not cutting their grass before the USC game two years ago. As you mentioned, they used "home" field advantage.

Well, I guess the only thing we both can agree on is to disagree.

#24 ·
Or like the Reggie Bush "push" the final play of the game???:dizzy:
I never said that Matt Leinart being pushed into the endzone was legal. What I did state was that it was a known fact that ND purposly grew their grass w/out cutting it for that game. Is that illegal, no, and they were well within their rights.

I didn't care too much for that game anyways, I was too busy going nuts in Ann Arbor watching Chad Henne to Mario Manningham for the game winner against Penn State the same day!

#25 ·
I never said that Matt Leinart being pushed into the endzone was legal. What I did state was that it was a known fact that ND purposly grew their grass w/out cutting it for that game. Is that illegal, no, and they were well within their rights.

I didn't care too much for that game anyways, I was too busy going nuts in Ann Arbor watching Chad Henne to Mario Manningham for the game winner against Penn State the same day!
I was not trying to put words in your mouth, just putting another "spin" on the cheating in the sports world.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.