Well, my day got off to a horrible start. As I was backing out the front door my two rods got caught on the wreath that hangs on our door. Both rod tips broke!!! It’s not like they were St. Croix’s, but @#%$*&. Anyhow, a little hockey tape later, and I’m headed to the lake with one usable rod. The entrance to the public access hadn’t been plowed lately, so my little Civic got stuck. I did some digging with my hands, and eventually got into the lot where the snow wasn’t deep at all. Then I made a nice little hike through the drifts. I started fishing in 13-15’ of water, catching 12 keepers in the first hour, but only 2 two the rest of the day. If not for my two delays I could have been out there an hour earlier, and I’m sure I would have caught a lot more as a result. The fish shut off when sun the came out. I was marking lots of fish, but they just quit biting. Some would follow my jig 2’+ up from the bottom, but they almost always stopped. The fish that did bite were super subtle about it. I talked to a couple other guys, and they experienced the same thing, marking lots of fish with few takers. When I got back to the lot I had to shovel the entrance clear so that I could get my car back out. Since I didn’t have a shovel, I had to kick the snow out of the way with my boots. About 30 minutes later I was able to drive my car out with no problem. I was sweating like crazy, and drove part of the way home with the windows down. All in all it was a good day, although it would have been a lot better if I could have started fishing an hour earlier like I’d planned. I brought home 18 keepers, 4 of which were given to me. None of them were brutes, but they filleted all the same.