close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Great Broadhead Debate

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by Duckz-N-Buckz30, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Just wondering what everyone shoots...I am shooting the new Rage 3-blade mechanical. Opens as it enters, pretty slick. Flys great, can't wait to pass through ole' Mossy Horns this year.

2. Muzzy 3 Blade 100grains Never Let Me Down!!!!!!

3. Will be my first year with Muzzy Phantoms...I'll let you know how they do.

4. There are a ton of great ones out there. The best broadhead though is one that is A) razor sharp and B) hits where you want it to go. Brand is irrelevant if those two criteria are meet.

For the record, I shoot 100 gr. Steelforce Sabertooth heads. Been shooting them the past 5 or 6 years. Killed a lot of stuff with them, so no need to change.

5. i shot steelforce as well before switching to these rage. hope to not be disappointed..not so far.

6. I had some bad times with mechanicals. I switched to 125grain Razorbacks 2 years ago...love them.

7. broadheads

Up until this year I had been shooting 75gr. vortex (the last 11 years). This I had made the switch to aftershock, I cann't wait to try them out. I will still have vortex tipped arrow for turkey in the quiver though.

8. i shot mechanical (Spitfire) before Steelforce and had good luck. it was an impulse is why i got the Rage.

9. I RELUCTANTLY SWITCHED A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO FROM 100 GR THUNDERHEADS TO GRIM REAPER MECHANICALS. I MUST SAY I HAVE BEEN VERY PLEASED WITH THE GRIM REAPERS, NONE OF THE THREE DEER I HAVE SHOT WITH THEM WENT MORE THAN 40 YARDS.

10. I have a 3 pack of steelforce that will NEVER be used. Wind planing sob's

Grim Reapers here all the way!

11. Brand new? 100 gr.? Want to unload them? If so, how much?

Mine have never planed. But not every head works for everyone depending on their equipment set up.

Let me know if you want to sell them.

12. Rowdy

Rowdy

Muzzy 100 Gr. 3 blades.....Best Broadheads period.

13. Rocky Mountain Xtreme 100 gr mechanical, 1 3/8" cutting diameter. Fly IDENTICAL to FP.

Bought Thunder Head 85gr. and tried them......decent flight but to hard to assemle and keep in position. Maybe ok for a bow that shoots under 280 fps.

14. G5 Montecs here, need to shoot a little more before I have an opinion though.