krheude said:Does anyone know how effective the Scent-Lok suits actually are?
Do you know that 85% of all statistics are made up?HickoryNut said:I have a list for slightly damp to dry weather:
1. Untreated footsteps with no cover scent = 6 hours
2. untreated regular body odor with no cover scent (for instance sitting on a log) = 8-10 hours
3.urine on the forest floor 2-3 days
4. cigarette smoke 3 hours with light winds under 5mph.
5.breath that has been treated with mouthwash alerts whitetails 4 times faster than untreated morning breath.
6.scented deodorant is 15 times more likely to spook deer than unscented.
7. on a scale from 1-10, 10 being worst, coffee smell in the woods is 0.5 (nearly undetectable)
8.Skoal or any dipping tobacco spit is 6 times more likey to be detected in the wind by whitetails than loose leaf tobacco, like Redman.
9.Passing gas is somewhat like the cigarette smoke but can be completely gone in 1 hour (im sure this varies in hunters)
10. Lunch, the typical sack lunch with meat sandwich, chips/crackers, and pudding is a very low deer alert risk. Sometimes a deer will come closer to someone eating lunch. Curious to the smell.
Is the 85% statistic you just threw out made up does it fall in the 15% catagory?Vipertec said:Do you know that 85% of all statistics are made up?
Where did you read this bull, or did you just make it up?
The 85% thing is a joke.HickoryNut said:Is the 85% statistic you just threw out made up does it fall in the 15% catagory?
Dont let your alligator mouth overload you mummingbird arse.
Vipertec said:I've hunted with Scent Lok and Scentblocker for the last five years. I also combine this with a scent elimination system that envolves showering, getting dressed in the field, scent proof bag ect.. Now with that being said, I think the suites and liners work but I won't be buying anymore. The reason is that I think the suites work good at first, but lose their effectiveness very quick. I don't think that the price is worth the longetivity of the product. This year I did wear some old suites, but mainly just used scent killer and did not notice much of a difference.