close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The Stand is set....

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by DadOfFour, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Went down to HNF this morning to set my stand. Unfortunately with time constraints this was a scout then set trip. Think I found a good area, couple of decent sized rubs, TONS of tracks, and saw two medium sized does. Of course I forgot the camera this morning :bonk:

The only bad parts of the day were getting lost for 45mins in the fog. (Couldn't find the stupid turn off, drove back and forth and back and forth :dizzy: ) The second bad part was that my hunting buddy is out of town, so I had to drag the damn stand in by myself. It's amazing how much a 15ft ladder stand weighs when you have to carry it about two miles from the car!

2. set my stand this past weekend. i loaded it on my deer cart in one trip. i knew it would come in handy for something lol.

3. What do you bench press??

Actually, how do you set those ladder stands by yourself? I have two of them up and needed help to do it.

4. Wimp! me too.

5. I have no idea what I bench nowadays. As far as setting it I grunt, I cuss, I hurt my back and neck and then walah its up :)

6. Take Your Lock

I HOPE YOU LOCKED IT TO THE TREE, OR IT MIGHT NOT BE THERE WHEN YOU GET READY TO USE IT. UNFORTUNATELY TREE STANDS ON PUBLIC LANDS HAVE A WAY OF DISAPPEARING, SOMETIMES EVEN ON PRIVATE LAND THEY GET AWAY.

7. i was just thinkin the same thing.

8. Yhea, its locked, and there is a 3ft steel spike on the bottom of both legs that is buried in the ground, makes it damn near impossible to take it apart. I had a buddy who onces had the ladder sections stolen, somebody left the seat sitting up there, locked to the tree. (People suck!)

9. Good luck, what part of Hoosier are you in?
    I have some friends setting up over there also.
    They invited me, but my locust thicket is calling.

10. Good responce...I had to hold back on the cursing, took the kids out there with me.

11. Well...I've never tried to canoe a treestand over a lake, if I did, think I'd at least put my cell phone in a zip-loc baggie.

12. I set up just west of story. I know the place is huge, but this is only my 2nd season hunting in IN and I'm not really famillar w/ the areas available.

13. Story? were is that?

It does not sound familar

14. Its a very small town in Brown County, about 10-15 miles south of Nashville. I only know about it because my neighbor hunts there....

15. Thats right:banghead3 :banghead3 Why mess with something that aint yours GEEZ!!!! I've been lucky over the years though:confused: