Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PETA says Coliseum must end circuses

Dan Stockman, Fort Wayne Journal Gazette

FORT WAYNE - People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is asking Memorial Coliseum to make this year's Shrine Circus its last at the arena. The animal-rights group cited the accident after last year's circus when an elephant handler was trampled by two Asian elephants he was loading into a trailer. The death was ruled accidental and the coroner said the elephants did not mean to hurt Pierre A. Spenle, who worked for the Tarzan Zerbini International Three Ring Circus. PETA has cited the Fort Wayne trampling in its protests of circuses across the country; the group contends circus animals "are trained through pain and fear."

http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/journalgazette/news/local/13698404.htm

·
Super Moderator
3,704 Posts
when an elephant handler was trampled by two Asian elephants he was loading
Since when did PETA start worrying about people?

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
With all the "valid issues" in the world?
Stuff like this used to be laughable, but as the old adage goes the more times people repeat something (no matter how far-fetched) the more believable it becomes. This organization has lost touch with reality, and they are spreading their mental illness to whomever will listen.
They are also hypocrytical, FOX reported that last year they euthanized nearly 2000 animals (obvously without reporting that to their members)

I want to join the other P.E.T.A. Peaple Eating Tasty Animals!:biggrin:

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
P.e.t.a

P.E.T.A...People for the EDIBLE Treatment of Animals.:chicken:

I am an animal lover...grilled, suateed, fried, broiled, etc.:corkysm55

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Theres always room for animals at my house...right next to the taters and gravy!

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
peta

People for the Eating of Tasty Animals. Just fed the purist meat in God's creation (doe backstrap) to the family last night. Both our girls (ages 5 and 16 months) have been eating it since they got incisors. I love to see those PETA people get ridiculed for the stupid things they do. Their hypocrisy is unbelievable.

Eric

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Incisors...there is a good word. I think that is where the term scissors comes from. I wonder...do the PETA freaks realize why the good Lord gave us sharp teeth in the first place? Why do we have canines anyways??? So we can tear into bark and twigs better (and clover and chicory...heh,heh,heh,heh)?? Maybe TREEHUGGER can answer this one..:bonk:

Feeding young children venison?? Do you realize that you are brainwashing those poor innocent humans to want to consume ANIMALS (let alone a wild animal). Please tell me this wasn't a doe either. What will that teach the future (kids) of our sport?? They should have a choice in what they eat, Eric. That had better been meat from a dink six-pointer. Don't want them to get the TROPHY bug too soon.

And don't let me forget...this isn't pure venison any longer. Why...somewhere along the line that deer ate poison ,(i.e. chicory, clover,mineral supplements). Which is of course the same thing as growth hormones that the meat industry uses.

Get R Done....

Hell, those elephants would probably much rather perform at the Coliseum as opposed to living in Africa where humans, predators, intense heat, etc. are a daily threat to their lives. Makes chasing around clowns, have naked ladies (sorry), and wolfing down endless supplies of peanuts seem like a....well, a CIRCUS>

·
Registered
305 Posts
Dont they realize that if nobody EVER hunted in HISTORY that NONE of us would be here now....What a bunch of tree huggin hippies, no offense treehugger.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
p.e.t.a

at the same time their protesting their driving their fancy cars with rubber tires from cut down rubber trees lol. and please don't let one say they don't eat meat. viel especially. wonder how many wear leather coats. a bunch. their just pathetic to the point it's rediculous. i would bet my paycheck that hold fopod from them for just 2 days then sit them down to a table of backstraps they won't be starting a hunger strike. i think they ought to extend their name out allitle bit and end it with "file"

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I had a girl in class the other day that proclaimed she was a vegan (no animal products at all) I asked her if she ate jello? Sure all the time. Well you are going to have to stop - its boiled out of animal bones :biggrin: She'll have to switch to tofu :dizzy:

That Bill's steak house, we were talking about on the other thread, is like the high temple of carnivores :bowdown: . Ought to invite some of those Peta folks in for a 32 ounce porterhouses rare enough you would have to spear it with your fork to keep it from trying to crawl off the plate.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
That is how I like my steaks. I guess I don't have to worry about being a Vegan. Sounds like something off of Star Trek.

Mr. Spock, we are being attacked by Vegans. Mr. Sulu, grab those black angus filets and T-bones. It is our only hope!!!!!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Nice one Dean! I found myself laughing out loud on that Mr. Sulu joke and my wife asked what was going on! She, too got a laugh out of all of this PETA crap!;)

·
Premium Member
5,121 Posts
Stop the Circus!!!!!!!!!!!! Explain that to my monster of a neice! Next thing you know they will want us to quit driving to avoid deer/car accidents. As for the file thing - PETAFILE is a suitable name for those who chose to THINK that they care !

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Huntin' Hippie

Dean Weimer said:
Ditto from above...TREEhugger!!!!!!:rolleyes: By the way tree...ARe you a hippie????
I was for a while until I lost most of the mop on top and the cost of hippie lettuce got outrageous and quit drinkin' the stuff that made Milwaukee, WI and Lynchburg, TN famous. Then I went to more natural pastimes like huntin' and fishin' and still staying out all hours of the night fishin' and chasin' real wild critters. I thought changin' past times would be cheaper on me but heck I keep spendin' more money on my huntin' and fishin' tools than I ever did on the hippie lettuce and adult beverages. But what the heck with those things I have something to show for it and can remember what I did yesterday and know where I parked the car last night. Now I'm a huntin' hippie...YEEE HAWWW! :cool:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts