close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ThermaCELL® Mosquito Repellent

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by DERBYDEER03, Jun 15, 2007.

DO YOU USE INSECT REPELLENT WHEN YOU HUNT

Poll closed Jun 25, 2007.
  1. YES

46.4%
  2. NO

42.9%
  3. DEER HUNTING

7.1%
  4. TURKEY HUNTING

28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Does This Product Work? WOULD LIKE INFORMATION FROM ALL OF YOU ON THIS PRODUCT.
    MY GIRLS WOULD LIKE TO GET IT FORM FOR FATHERS DAY!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2007
  2. I just tried mine out for the very first time last night while fishing. I placed the unit at my feet, and I still had mosquitoes surrounding my face. When I moved the unit up onto my seat, it wasn't as bad. I'm still going to work with it and see if I get any better results, but the first outing didn't look too promising...:sad:

3. No idea here. I am old school....bullfrog with deet is the greatest spray I have found.

4. I've used one for the past three years. One of the best products ever invented IMO. No way I would have survived the bugs in the Canada woods with out one. When I was up there last year bear hunting, I never once wore a bug suit or head net while on stand. I ran the Thermacell non-stop while hunting and NEVER got bit. Everyone else was head to toe bug suits and about got carried away.

I use mine in the turkey woods all the time. I use it with my kids going gill fishing off the dock. I use it in early goose season and set it next to my layout blind. I've even used it in early archery when the bugs are still out.

These things just flat out work and they don't seem to spook game.:coolgleam

5. I agree with you 100+% on this DEC. I first used mine in the Northwest Territory while fishing and sitting around camp and this thing works...make no mistake about it. When fishing in a boat I've set it on the middle seat and it has kept anyone in my boat from getting bit. I've used while squirrel hunting when the mosquitoes can be the worst and no bites at all. In my opinion...GET ONE!

6. seabee

seabee Staff Member Super Mod Mod

I have some swamp land in Arizona for sale....lol

7. Will I need to bring my ThermaCell???

8. Therma CELL in AK

I use my TC in AK all the time. Unless I am moving around alot. It keeps mosquitos away that normally would carry a full size man off. I have been using it on my bear bait that sits between a creek and a swamp. You can not imagine how these mosquitoes are. I hunted and skinned my bear there with no bug problems. Takes about 20-30 to take full effect. But within 5 you see results. Also, no notice of a scent problem. I know they say sent free; but I had my doubts

9. early bow season

I used one in early bow season 2006 near creek bottoms and fresh cut fields where skeeters r the worst and it works great! I even put some doe p on the cartridge and that works too...:bonk:

10. I think you can buy the ones with doe pee scent in them. I could be wrong but I thought I saw those for sale when I bought mine a year ago. I haven't used it too much yet, but have liked the results i've had so far.

Al

11. I've had one I won at an NWTF banquet for 3 years and this spring turkey hunting is the first time I used it. I am amazed how well it works. Within 5 minutes of turning it on I had no blood suckers even buzz me. Best product I have used for misquitos ever. Now moving aorund i hdon't think it would work very well but I haven't tried it to see.

12. On this Thermacell thing.... how many refills of the butane and mats do you guys use each year. I realize you would pick and choose which times you used it, but it seems like it would cost a bunch in early archery alone...

13. i used 3 of the cells this turkey season and not even one full container of fuel. But I didn't use it every time or anything like that.

14. I used the ThermaCell in Canada on my fishing trip this year. The thing performed flawlessly! The skeeters in Canada where we fish are BRUTAL! You can actually hear them coming out of the woods in swarms around dusk. I put the ThermaCell in the middle of the boat, and the skeeters wouldn't come within fifteen feet of the boat. While the other boats in camp complained about how bad the skeeters were, my partner and I were more than happy to report only one or two buzzing by our ears every night. I was skeptical after my first couple of outings, but I am completely sold on the thing now. One word of advice...the blue mats have what appears to be a wet spot on one side of them. I found that if I inserted the mat with the "wet spot" facing up in the unit, it worked a lot better.