close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Thursday Coffee & Campfire

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by Beagleman_Dan, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Mornin',
    I've got a nice fire going and hot coffee in the pot. Serving fried egg sandwiches this morning. If you're going huntin this morning, you better bundle up good. Had 20° here at my place this morning. They are saying it's gonna dip to 15° tonight. As long as it stays cold, I'm fine; but when it is 70° one day and 35 the next, that's hard to deal with.

One good thing is, you can let your deer hang for a few days now with no problem. Y'all have a great day.
    -Dan- ;)

2. I like it cooling off and stabalizing in a decent temperature range as well.
    The bright snow sure made things light early this morning about 20 minutes before shooting time I could already see clearly 75 yards in front of me.
    One good thing is that the snow makes tracking a deer much easier.

Who knows if it keeps this up for a week we may be seeing ice on the lakes in the not so distant future. A couple of days to cool off the water, and a couple days to make good ice...I can already smell the bluegill's fryin!

Good luck to all today.....enjoy the coffee and eggs Dan:)

3. Thanks Dan,

I'll take two egg sandwiches and big thermos of coffee to keep me warm...way up here in northern Indiana there's a couple inches of the white stuff on the ground.

Sitting here in my office day dreaming of this evenings hunt. 3:30 can't come fast enough.

4. good morning, its a great day to hunt but i cant get out till after 4. i have my 18 month old daughter all day. she like egg sandwiches though. good luck to everyone that gets out this morning.

5. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Just praying for some cooler weather this weekend (without the rain) to make it easier on the dogs, give them better scent, and slow down the birds.

6. I'll be sticking it out in the cold hoping for another chance to see the buck I've been after.

7. hoping

I'm just hoping it stays like this for next week, i'm going home monday for Thanksgiving break, and I would like to get plenty of hunting in in the cold weather. It's about time I bagged one this year...it's been entirely too long.

8. Ok, who's the last guy that drained the coffee?

9. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Remember, too much caffeine will make your trigger finger shakey:dizzy:

10. I've got that covered. The brandy cancels out the caffiene shakes.

11. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

That was bad:)

12. The bad ones are the best.
    Actually I leave the brandy at home, but do take a cigar to light up to honor a filled tag. Smoked two this year so far, can't wait to light up that last one!